Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#70730 - 07/04/01 11:36 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Yes, like a kind of sponsored Madrid Man get together. smile

I don't mind sponsoring myself at home by myself even and then sending the money! I can easily have a drink and put the equivalent in money to one side until I have enough to send! cool

What better excuse to over indulge? Although I think friends and family might think I have gone mad.

What about becoming a registered charity! eek I'm sure the site has helped enough people out to be classed as this?!?!?!!?

Jo

#70731 - 07/05/01 12:54 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A few of you have sent oh-so-kind emails and Private Messages and I thank you so much.

Still, my role as website owner/administrator/moderator cannot include fund raiser. This said, wink I've asked Antonio to take on this task and we've agreed to divide the booty (income) 50-50. Then, we'll both split town with our $29 in hand and live the high-life on some secluded beach cool in Central America eek , never to be seen again by internet eyes.

Okay. Okay. rolleyes All kidding aside, I've visited a few websites where the website admin is doing the old "PUHLEASE give generously or I'll have to shut down for lack of funds!", sounding like a first-class ass, liar, and evangelist (I'm NOT saying all three are equal -- I'd put "ass" at the top of the respectability pyramid as being the most positive laugh ) in order to make a little extra money on the side. Nope. I'm not going to do it. My conscience and reputation (and that of this website/message board) mean more to me than cash so thank you for your consideration, but I humbly and respectfully say "no thanks" smile . I'll raise the cash myself over the next year or so and will upgrade after a few more versions have passed.

Thanks group! You're the best!!!! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments