MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#70710 - 04/04/01 10:13 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Well done, MM! Better than we expected and we all breathe a sigh of relief!

Incidentally, if you are member number two..........??? confused

#70711 - 04/04/01 10:19 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FINALLY!!!! Enjoy, everyone. A.F., MadridMan (me! laugh ) is #2 and I'm also #1 as "Administrator" to edit the postings. Seems the clock is off/early by an hour though... let's see if I can adjust that. Have fun!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70712 - 04/04/01 11:22 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
kbl Offline

¡Espectáculo, estupendo, fabuloso, fantástico y que bueno!

#70713 - 04/04/01 04:33 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
[B]MM,[B]

Congrats! The look and feel of the boards is great! We haven't lost any of the pizzazz[I] that was here, but seemed to have gained speed, and several options that are kind of neat. laugh

[I]Wolf

#70714 - 04/10/01 09:55 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
perfecta Offline

Loc: Minot, ND, USA
Madridman I hope you are still monitoring this topic....Before your update I was able to access your message board on my iMac at school, now all I get is HTML computerspeak. My students (all very elitist IBM fans who scorn Macs) said this often happens on apples.....At home I have an ancient Gateway and other than I grow old waiting for things to delete or boot or appear on it, I have no problem with the message board. At first I thought the message board was being blocked, as my school prohibits chats/message boards but the tech people said I would get a big black 'access denied' screen if that were the case....so whatup with the cookie speak? Gracias por compartirme la sabiadura suya....

#70715 - 04/10/01 10:52 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Perfecta, please forgive me for jumping in here when you asked MM about this, but I just want you to know that you're not alone! A number of us have the same problem - the new version of the board works on our pcs, and not on our macs. It seems the problem is with macs running Internet Explorer - the new version won't work on it. It WILL work if you access it through Netscape Navigator (which I hate, but that's what I'm using now while I type this up on my iMac)!

MM knows about the problem, and it apparently can be fixed, so no te preocupes, you'll see it again! (and I'll get to wipe Navigator - yugh - off my computer again!)

[ 04-11-2001: Message edited by: Diana ]

#70716 - 04/11/01 01:42 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Y'all!! You may be asking yourself "where's so-and-so" a little more in the next few days. It seems the new and improved message board software isn't allowing Macintosh users view it!!! Can you believe that?? eek (Maybe the software was written by some Microsoft people?? hehehe...)

So, I have SEVERAL emails in to the company and am waiting for a reply. Will let you know what's happening as soon as I do. Have already gotten emails from a number of you with pleas of "OH MY GOD! MY LIFE IS COMING TO AN END BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS THE MESSAGE BOARD!!" mad (hehehe.. I'm exaggerating a little), but am doing what I can and HOPE to have it resolved by the end of this coming weekend. SO SORRY (really, I'm SO VERY SORRY) this has happened. frown Thank you for your patience.

By the way, has anyone tried accessing the message board on a Mac using Netscape??? It seems clear from the feedback that it certainly cannot be viewed through Microsoft's Explorer browser.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70717 - 04/11/01 10:50 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
connie Offline

Yes, MadridMan, I had the Message Board working on a Mac using Netscape, after it had not worked when I used the Explorer.

#70718 - 04/11/01 12:44 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Could it be maybe that the HTML code generated by the UBB is not fully compliant with the HTML standard?.

Check it with the W3C Consortium Validator .

#70719 - 04/11/01 02:17 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
perfecta Offline

Loc: Minot, ND, USA
Yipee! I'm at school on my new blueberry iMac and the message board works on netscape but still NO to internet explorer......

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments