Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70639 - 05/31/01 02:14 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I just noticed that there is a free salsa concert at Summerstage in Central Park on the afternoon of 6/24:

El Gran Combo

It should end at about the time of the dinner or slightly before.

#70640 - 06/01/01 03:12 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Lindsaywmoore Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Hey ya'll. I won't be able to be at your dinner in NYC, but I do have a suggestion for an EXCELLENT and inexpensive Spanish restaurant. It's called Meson Sevilla & I have absolutely NO IDEA how to get there. You can call info to get the cross streets. It is pretty near the broadway area. I worked in NY during the world series & I absolutely fell in love with the restaurant, bar and people. If you go, please tell them that Lindsay from FOX sent you. We were there for two weeks during the Subway Series & they served a group of 75 of us from FOX Sports. We had a ball & they did too. I was back in NY in December & I walked back into the bar & they all remembered me & treated me fantastically. They have great paella, great service, and GREAT (though dangerous) Sangria. I highly recommend it! Have a great time & next time I'm in NY, I'm organizing another dinner! lindsay

#70641 - 06/03/01 05:40 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Hola Amigos: We just sailed back into NYC from Nassau and we had a great time. Not Spain but nice anyway as I've never been on a cruise before. I'm glad to see Jenny will be with us at the 6/24 Dinner in GV. The numbers are rising and it could now be 20 people. I think that would be a good number of MMers and guests. Caminante : Thanks for the info on Summerstage as I've been to a couple and they can be great. Thank You also Lindsaywmoore for your suggestion and I'll be at a show in the City Tuesday and I'll scout around for the Meson Seville & check it out. Gotta check the mail and have something to eat. After a cruise you need to eat every 3 hours in order to get back to normal eating patterns or else go Cold Turkey. Talk to you soon. Regards, Ski cool

#70642 - 06/06/01 08:57 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Hola: Now I am postings responses to my own response. Yikes! I am so exited because I spent today making arrangements to be back in Barcelona & Madrid for 1 week this November. As a matter of fact we will spend Thanksgiving in madrid. That sure is something to be Thankful for.I can't believe it. We had expected to travel to Eastern Europe but spontanaity is the secret to inexpensive travel.I'm going to pinch myself. laugh laugh laugh

#70643 - 06/10/01 01:44 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Hola: The BIG day is finally drawing near and I need to firm up the reservations.I estimate 15 will be at the Dinner so if all would ring in I will firm up the day 6/24 @ 7PM with El Charro Espanol. I'll visit them late this coming week and make a deposit. So if All the Usual Suspects would be so kind & reaffirm I'll do the honors.Muy Bien. Saludos, Ski wink

#70644 - 06/11/01 02:42 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Billy Ski:

Both Warren and I will be attending. Can't wait to meet everyone...roses

#70645 - 06/11/01 10:39 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Billy: My wife and I will be attending. We just got home from an incredible week in Italy. Next year, we will go twice to Spain if the current plan holds. See you all soon!!!!!!

#70646 - 06/12/01 05:58 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Jenny Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
Hi Billy: I am re-confirming June 24th for
myself and two more (Carlos & Ann). We are
all definite "will-attends". Jenny

#70647 - 06/16/01 09:48 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Dear friends: Hola & Esplendido that you all are going to be at the dinner on 6/24 in El Charro Espanol @ 7PM. I regret that some were forced to drop out at the last minute due to unforseen circumstances. They will be missed.I was away for the last 5 days & I have not dropped of the "Face of the Earth" I will be in contact tommorow w/ the rest & make reservations for 15. There are more committed to attend from off the board . Regarding cost & method of selection. conferred early on w/ the Washington DC dinner group and they whacked up the bill evenly.We all can order A La Carte & contribute accordingly.The price ranges were discussed earlier in this column.I'm not sure what to do with an alcohol tab. I imagine we can keep it seperate and divide that according to consumption. Some do not indulge and some do. Suggestions are always welcome.Anyhow, the countdown has begun. Only 8 days til we MMers meet in GV for our introductions and Espana sharings. I cannot wait.As always, Bill Ski laugh laugh

#70648 - 06/17/01 10:00 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Jenny Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
Hi Billy:
You asked for suggestions about the bill:
Well - why not let the waitress make separate
for each diner - 15, or even 20 is not a big
deal. I go out in groups often and we always
ask for this because - in my case, neither
me nor my two accompanying friends drink and
are vegetarians - so why would we want to participate in paying for other's choices.
With separate checks, the problem of the
liquor tab is also settled. Jenny

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments