Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70649 - 06/17/01 08:45 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Jenny: Thanks for the idea and I'm sure all will be worked out to everyone's liking.The reservations are made and we are expected.I do not see any problem regarding checks and seperate liquor bills.Let us not complicate matters more than they may be under ordinary circumstances. By the way I just got a mailing from a village resident who advises me to suggest to all that they allow some extra time to travel as the Gay Pride Parade is scheduled for the same day and it will be extra crowded in the Village. So give yourself some EXTRA Time Kids so as to not miss any of the fun.It is just 166 1/2 hours til the Gathering. I expect a fine time with fine food and fine friends. Saludos, Ski laugh laugh

#70650 - 06/20/01 01:15 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Hola again: I am feeling like an old hen but here is the update.The reservations made at El Charro Espanol for Sunday evening @ 7PM are under the name Madridman. Originally they were made for Bill Williams (Nom De Pluma)as my last name has 11 letters & quite difficult. If anyone has cameras then bring em along & if you have digitals all the better cause I think we then can transmit them to the website.I will arrive about 6 in case of early arrivals. So until then or until some comment rolls in. Saludos, Bill Ski wink wink

#70651 - 06/20/01 03:31 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hahahaa!! You gave me a chuckle, billy ski! I'm honored you made the reservations in my name/pseudonym.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70652 - 06/24/01 02:03 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Dear NYC Attendees of Madridman.com dinner. The time is finally upon us for the NYC Dinner. Kathi & I are soon heading into Greenwich Village to meet & greet all. Any late deciders are welcome and we are looking forward to meeting & socializing with all madridman.com lovers. Thank you Madridman for making this all possible. You will be toasted.See y'all later. Bill laugh laugh

#70653 - 06/25/01 12:09 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Yes my friends the big day has finally come and passed.We met last night in El charro Espanol in Greenwich Village and the much anticipated dinner and assembly of Madridman.comers are now friends. Not just cyberspace friends but face to face friends.At 7PM as the restaurant filled up and 11 vacant chairs stared Kathi & I along with our friend Fran in the face. At 7:01 the MMers started to pour in. First to arrive was the bubbly and eloquent MClarke with her 2 lovely young adult children. Her daughter you may remember was her travel partner last December throughout Spain.She is all that MClarke said she was. Next to arrive was the founder of the local NYC chapter of Globetrotters.com Laurie B.She is a recent Madrid visitor and of course she is now in love with Spain. She was accompanied by her friend(& now ours)Mary who had the good fourtune to live three years in Barcelona. On their heels came Caminante (Ed)accompanied by his lovely wife Maria.We all have appreciated Cam's subtle wisdom regarding many Spanish discussions.We all began to identify each other and introduce our dates or dinner companions.It was a thrill to meet those I feel a special affinity for from reading postings for the last year.Of course MadridMan was toasted and Thanked for his founding the vehicle that allowed us all to assemble.Thank You MM and you were sorely missed. As we ordered and we began to eat the wonderful meals prepared for us I sat with an emptiness knowing that someone that was expected hadn't showded up. After chowing down a good portion of my delicious meal I glanced up with a mouth full of food to listen with my eyes as well as my ears and at the end of the table was now sitting the vivacious and glamorous Roses. She you may remember is the lucky person who has attended the initial MM dinner in LA and now was making friends in NYC only to fly on tommorow to Madrid to finalize preparations for this Saturdays MM.comer's dinner she organized. The assembly was complete,(although not including all those that initially responded their intent to attend but were derailed by different circumstances)we had the group that wanted to and was able to attend.It was a nice feeling and now the Maitre Dei was no longer giving me dirty looks wink Good cheer filled the air and Spanish stories were swapped. Laughter and conviviality was prevalent laugh The evening's assembly seemed to go too fast.The bill arrived and was whacked up and whacked up again and El Charro received their due.Departure began and we started to file out amongst kisses and hugs from all in attendance. As Kathi,Fran & I walked to our car it seemed as if it never happened.As if it were just a dream.But I know better.Lifelong friends had been made and memories established to recall and draw on whenever longing for our adopted Country, our adopted Patria: Espana! Hasta Luego & Saludos. laugh laugh wink

#70654 - 06/26/01 12:53 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Group!!!! I'm SO happy to hear the NY City Dinner meeting was a BIG success and all had an enjoyable time!

Thanks so much to billy ski for arranging it all and for the wonderful description of the get together. Aaahh.. it brings back warm memories of the "Party With MadridMan" gatherings in Madrid the past two years and wished I could be there with you in NYC.

I hope SOMEONE took photos!!! wink Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70655 - 06/26/01 10:07 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Billie, Thanks for doing such a great job organizing, we had a great time and it was super to finally meet yourself, MClarke and family, Roses, and everyone else. We should plan another dinner or another activity this summer, and maybe some of those who missed this one can come.

#70656 - 06/26/01 09:57 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Thanks, Billy for arranging this, eventhough I couldn't make it, I'm glad it was such a success. Count me in on any other activities!! I'm soo bummed I couldn't make the event, but I was on a business trip to Atlanta. I DID find an "Ella Baila Sola" & a Sevillanas CD in the Borders there, so I bought that in honor of our adopted patria and all of you!

I'm glad it went great, is anyone planning on posting pictures?

#70657 - 06/27/01 03:19 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Hello everyone! The dinner was a great success and I hope that the one this Saturday will be just as good. It was so cool meeting Billy Ski, Caminante, MClark, and everyone else. As I said before, the people that utilize the MadridMan site are really cool, nice and sweet people to know. I had a great time and it made my brief time in New York a memorable and enjoyable one. Life really is good... when you sit back and just take a look, you´ll realize how wonderful life can really be... saludos de Madrid...roses.

#70658 - 06/27/01 07:12 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am so glad things went well at the dinner on Sunday night. I was thinking of you all and although we couldn't be there (this time!) we drank a bottle of Marques de Riscal and were thinking of you all. My family and I will be back from Spain late August...and we would love to try and get together with you guys after that. I hope that can materialize. Thanks again Billy for arrnaging it...I can't wait for the pictures.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments