Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70629 - 05/18/01 11:43 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hi Billy and all-

You're going to have to change me to a 'no'. Unfortunately, I'll be in Atlanta for business that weekend and won't be able to attend the dinner. :-( Anyone going to be there?!

Have a great time, and I'll join you all the next time!

Denise

#70630 - 05/18/01 12:58 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Oh No, both Majesty and Granada Girl are out.My worst fears have been realized. Actually I would love to trade places with you Majesty and fly off to Madrid rather than have dinner in GV. But we must make do the best we can and that will be by assembling on 6/24 and transporting ourselves to Spain as a group fueled by each others love of Spain and dedication to MM.com I expect that will suffice and we all can go off after dinner having put faces to our cyber-friendships.I look forward to it very much. Enjoy Atlanta GG. Maybe you can get together with a few MMers while in town.Keep in touch and post your experiences in Madrid whenever possible Majesty.

#70631 - 05/20/01 01:46 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Jenny Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
Hi Billy:

Been out of town last two weeks and am
responding to your 5/14 question "are you
all...still interested in dinner on June 24th?". Yes, I am still interested but
must admit that I checked out the ratings on
the ElCharro website and both ratings listed
it as "expensive" with meals at around $35.
Maybe you should see who might be interested
in finding some place less pricy. Jenny

#70632 - 05/20/01 07:37 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Well Jenny, I must admit that I would prefer El Charro to be less expensive but it is what it is.If you know somewhere else that is cheaper and has the reputation El C. has to go along with the willingness to accomodate 15 to 20 people, please let me know. I have no particular love for this restaurant but according to what I have seen out there it seems to be fine.Also a big concideration of mine is the convenience of location that El C. has being in G. Village and pretty much known to all. For me it is inconvenient but I have no problem making the trip so I can meet in a centrally located place that is more attractive to the majority. AS for the prices I have a copy of their Menu and the most expensive dish is Lobster Tails in White tails which is 33.00 and concists of 3 L.Ts. A very popular dish I used to gauge the costliness is Paella A La Valenciana, as this is known to all and is hearty and costly to put together.The cost is 17.25 and I thought this was resonable. I have had this dish in other rests around NY and belive me this is not costly. One more example is an appetizer known and loved by all is Tortilla Espanola and this costs 6.25. Not cheap, but in Toledo I paid 600 pesatas last Nov. & this is about 3.33 USD. So decide for yourselves. I do know the other few rests I spoke with could not accomodate us as they obviously have a steadier crowd. One is the Seville on Charles St. and they said only for Lunch and the costs there were much higher. Although; right near my home in Long Beach there is a great little rest by the name of Meson Seville and their prices are much lower but who wants to come to Island Park NY or who can even find it unless familiar with LINY. Let me know out there what you guys want and of course I'll be in line with it. Regard: Ski

#70633 - 05/23/01 04:39 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Hi MMers: It has been three days since I posted my reasons & response to Jennys inquiry. Nothing from Jenny and no comments from intended NYC gatherers. What is the feeling out there in MM.com land? Please advise. Ski rolleyes

#70634 - 05/23/01 05:37 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Ski,
My family and I will be there and we are looking forward to it...I think your suggestions and ideas were right on target. THANK YOU for all of the effort trying to put this together. esperanza

#70635 - 05/24/01 09:42 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I think the restaurant sounds good and reasonable. Sure it'd be cheaper in Madrid, but hey we live in New York City. It sounds like the $35 price isn't reached without alcohol. Billy, great job- see you in exactly one month!!

#70636 - 05/26/01 01:38 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Caminante: I think you got the correct formula.The rule used by Zagat is one drink plus tax & tip to reach the estimated cost of a meal. The 35.00 Jenny quoted is probably achieved in in this manner. Whatever it is, if you guys got a better place just let me know. Otherwise Thanks for the Votes of Confidence. Looking forward to our get together mucho. Ski wink

#70637 - 05/27/01 10:01 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Dear Friends: I am off to the Bahamas for one week in 1 hour and I'll leave directly from the West Side of NYC on NCL. I'll miss you & will not be checking my mail so Lets Keep this thread alive & Kicking. Don't let it sink into oblivion. I'll miss you all.Regards Ski laugh

#70638 - 05/28/01 11:53 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Jenny Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
Hi Billy:
Have a great time in the Bahamas. I just came back from a few weeks in Miami. I sent
you an e-mail with some alternate suggestions
for spanish restaurants in NYC but I have a
feeling you may not have gotten it. Anyway -this was for future possibilities. I will
be joining you with one guest on June 24th.
Thanks for your legwork in organizing.

For Spanish enthusiasts: there is a "everything Spanish" URL --- http://www.spanishnewyork.com
that I discovered recently!! Jenny

[ 05-28-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments