Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70589 - 04/28/01 06:00 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
The 24th sounds good to me and 7 or 8 is early by Spanish standards wink

#70590 - 04/28/01 06:15 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I heard Xunta has changed owners and is no longer as good/interesting as it used to be. But the bar atmosphere might be good for a group. Sorry i won't be in NY then!! I really liked a restaurant over by the UN called Marichu... good food, not too expensive...

#70591 - 04/29/01 12:01 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Well my friends, so far we have recommendations from two regulars on a restaurant for the NYC get-together. Asterault lives in Barcelona and RGF cannot be there. Looks like some field work needs to be done. I'll force myself to investigate a few Spanish Rests in a centralized area for convenience of attendees. The Village is the likely spot as everyone knows where it is and it has a European feel to it still to this day. Alas, the burdensome undertakings we must make on behalf of our Brothers & Sisters from MM.com. I can't wait! I'll report my findings soon.Keep those cards & letters comin.

#70592 - 04/29/01 04:12 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks for picking the 24th. I will soooo be there!!! See you soon! E-mail me with all the details at roseadkins@hotmail.com...roses.

#70593 - 04/29/01 04:19 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I will also try to be there! We have to find someone to watch our kids, but my husband(another Madrid-lover) and I would love to join the group! I will also think of possible places.

#70594 - 04/29/01 06:38 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Count me in! I was wondering if the dinner group phenomenon would eventually work its way over to NYC! laugh

#70595 - 05/01/01 01:49 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

Dear NYC Attendees: I'll check out El Charro Espanol @ 4 Charles St in GV this weekend for Sat. 6/24. So far we have 7 for sure plus a young Senorita from Malaga I met this weekend. She is interested in attending with her young man and also is thrilled about MM.com when I explained our lifeline to Spain to her.Looks like 10 people for sure but all are welcome to attend.By the way Zagat survey gives El Charro a 22-15-20 rating which is outstanding for food in this price range. Spread the word and I'll be back.

#70596 - 05/01/01 02:18 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is REALLY shaping up!!! I wonder if Aphra (if she's reading this) would consider attending too since she's in NY as well. I know she's very busy these days.

As with the Washington D.C. group dinner, if someone could take along a camera and snap a couple group photos I'll be happy to post them right here.

Have fun!!! Wish I was there! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70597 - 05/01/01 06:22 PM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

I've been wondering the same about Aphra. I know she's from the Village and this restaurant would be very convenient for her as GV is kinda small. I hadn't seen any postings of wisdom or Anarchy lately so figured she was on assignment.If you are out there Aphra, Plesae respond.We miss yor postings if nothing else.

#70598 - 05/03/01 11:25 AM Re: NY City Dinner Group?
billy ski Offline

MadridMan: You are right about Aphra being very busy. We spoke yesterday and she is unable to be on the board now BUT will attend the NYC gathering on June 24th. It looks like 10 will be in attendance(counting my girl and the Malaga Senorita I mentioned along with her Hombre.This includes one that is pretty sure of attending but I prefer to be positive.There is still room for more but whatever the turnout I'm sure it will be a fun night.I look forward to putting a face to the people I've been communicating with by cyber-space for almost one year(6 months since signing on).Plus it's always a great night eating Spanish food and in Greenwich Village you better be good or you do not last.Any ideas or suggestions from you LA old pros would be appreciated. be talkin to ya. Bill Ski

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments