Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#70525 - 04/19/01 09:30 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I've heard good things about "Jaleo" from several people (including the couple who run the wine and cheese stall at the Cross St. Market, my source for mahon y manchego laugh ), but have never eaten there. I'm willing to try any of the places mentioned, and the dates are okay, too. smile

#70526 - 04/20/01 03:57 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Let's shoot for Jaleo on Friday 5/4/01 at around 7PM... I will call about reservations although, if memory serves me correctly, I don't think that they accept them. So far it looks like the following people might attend:

mclarke
jmcarr
David K
karenwishart (?)
myself

If everyone brings a date/spouse/friend it looks as though we will have a merry crowd of 8-10 people! So, let me know if the date & time are OK, and whether you plan to bring somebody.

'taluego!

#70527 - 04/20/01 05:42 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
<sniff!!><gulp!>MadridMan's Spain Message Board: Bringing People TOGETHER!

<sniff!> MAN! I wish I could go to all these great get-togethers!!! Sheesh! I don't think I should try putting together a Central Ohio dinner.

Enjoy all! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70528 - 04/23/01 05:34 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
Bobster Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Well, hopefully I could join you guys at the next dinner. I would love to hear how this one goes... I will be in DC from the beginning of July, by then I'm sure you guys will have mapped out all the spanish hotspots... ¡Hasta pronto!

"To be is to do." -- Voltaire.

"Do be do be do." -- Frank Sinatra

#70529 - 04/24/01 10:55 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Count me in for May 4 at 7:00 pm - Jaleo.

Regards,
Mclarke

#70530 - 04/24/01 11:18 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I'll be there smile

Karenwishart, if you'd like to attend but don't want to drive all the way to DC, I'd be glad to give you a lift...at least to the greenbelt metro station, which is how I usually get to DC, being DC driving impaired (somehow, I always end up in a neighborhood I don't recognize, even when I follow directions confused )

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: jmcarr ]

#70531 - 04/24/01 12:23 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thanks jcarr. I may take you up on that. I will know my schedule in the next couple of days and will let you know to count me in/and maybe hitch ride. This is great...I really hope to make it

#70532 - 04/25/01 04:09 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
David K Offline

Not sure yet if I'll be able to do it that weekend. Put me down as a maybe.

#70533 - 05/01/01 09:14 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Rkennedy
Well, just confirming that the DC metro MM Dinner is still schedule for May 4 at 7:00 pm at Jaleo. Where is the closet metro stop?

Regards,
mclarke

#70534 - 05/01/01 10:49 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
OK, here's the deal: Jaleo only accepts reservations until 6:30 PM -- after that it is walk-in only. I vote that we keep our 7PM time and plan on chatting at the bar for a while until a table is ready. Jaleo usually has a lively bar crowd & besides, it might be a good idea for everyone to get to know eachother a bit before we sit down.

To facilitate finding me at the bar, you can view a representative photo (taken a few weeks ago in Spain) at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/rkennedy17

(Follow this link and then click on "My Photos")

Jaleo's Website (includes directions, menu, etc.): http://dc.diningweb.com/restaurants/jaleo/index.html

I look forward to seeing you all there -- as I said before, please feel free to bring somebody if you want!

Saludos,
Rob

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments