Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#70515 - 04/16/01 04:50 PM Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Anyone interested in starting a "Spain-Lovers" dinner group in the Washington, DC area? Activities to include: eating, drinking, sharing stories, practicing the language, etc.

If interested, please reply to this message. When we get enough responses we can coordinate a time & place...

Saludos,
Rob

#70516 - 04/17/01 08:39 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
RKennedy17

Well, I am so glad someone is taking the initiative to start a Washington, D.C. metro MM Board Dinner group. Count me in.

mclarke

#70517 - 04/17/01 09:01 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Me, too! laugh

#70518 - 04/17/01 03:50 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
David K Offline

Me too.

#70519 - 04/18/01 12:04 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Well, I'm about 2 hrs away (1 hr to Baltimore)but I occasionally have business in Reston and have relatives in Springfield. I'm sure after my trip this summer I will be longing for Spain conversation so I'll watch for future posts

#70520 - 04/18/01 05:38 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
Bobster Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Count me in! I will be working in DC this summer... well, I have an apartment already and I HOPE to find a job... I am in Madrid this year, and would love to find people to share experiences with and speak the language once I get back to the US... email me at bobster555@hotmail.com when you fix up a date...

"To be is to do." -- Voltaire.

"Do be do be do." -- Frank Sinatra

#70521 - 04/18/01 09:55 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
David K Offline

The DC International Film Festival is running from April 17 to 29. There are several Spanish films playing (e.g., El Maestro de Esgrima, Flamenco, Tomandote). Perhaps we could do a movie and dinner.

#70522 - 04/18/01 10:55 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I'm glad to see such a positive response in only a few days! As far as the film festival goes, we can open it up for discussion & see who's interested...

My thoughts are that tapas/drinks/dinner might be easier to coordinate, taking into account everyone's busy schedules, other obligations, etc. Furthermore, a casual "happy hour" type of get-together might be more inclusive as a first event for the group.

Weekends are generally better for me... I'll go ahead and suggest a few possible dates -- let me know which, if any, work for you.

Friday 4/27
Friday 5/4
Saturday 5/5 (Cinco de Mayo... I know, I know, it's a Mexican holiday!)

Possible locations:

Jaleo (great tapas & sangria)
Toro Tapas ("asi-asi")
Taberna del Alabardero (best Spanish cuisine in DC. Dining room is a bit expensive, but they have a decent bar scene w/ tapas available)
Andalusia (never been there, but heard good things...)

#70523 - 04/18/01 04:38 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
David K Offline

rkennedy, I agree that better for the first get-together to be casual and easy to organize. I've been to Andalucia in Bethesda (there's one in Rockville also. My madrileña girlfriend says it's pretty good Spanish food, even compared to what you can find in Spain. I think they also have live Flamence on one night of the week. However, being in Bethesda, it might be out of the way for some folks.

#70524 - 04/19/01 08:39 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
RKennedy,
For my vote, Jaleo would be a good place, I believe the nearest metro stop is "Gallery". Jaleo was featured on Channer 4 as one of the places in the Greater Washington area where one could get drinks and food for two for $40.00. I am find with the dates.

Regards,
mclarke

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments