Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#70525 - 04/19/01 09:30 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I've heard good things about "Jaleo" from several people (including the couple who run the wine and cheese stall at the Cross St. Market, my source for mahon y manchego laugh ), but have never eaten there. I'm willing to try any of the places mentioned, and the dates are okay, too. smile

#70526 - 04/20/01 03:57 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Let's shoot for Jaleo on Friday 5/4/01 at around 7PM... I will call about reservations although, if memory serves me correctly, I don't think that they accept them. So far it looks like the following people might attend:

mclarke
jmcarr
David K
karenwishart (?)
myself

If everyone brings a date/spouse/friend it looks as though we will have a merry crowd of 8-10 people! So, let me know if the date & time are OK, and whether you plan to bring somebody.

'taluego!

#70527 - 04/20/01 05:42 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
<sniff!!><gulp!>MadridMan's Spain Message Board: Bringing People TOGETHER!

<sniff!> MAN! I wish I could go to all these great get-togethers!!! Sheesh! I don't think I should try putting together a Central Ohio dinner.

Enjoy all! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70528 - 04/23/01 05:34 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
Bobster Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Well, hopefully I could join you guys at the next dinner. I would love to hear how this one goes... I will be in DC from the beginning of July, by then I'm sure you guys will have mapped out all the spanish hotspots... ¡Hasta pronto!

"To be is to do." -- Voltaire.

"Do be do be do." -- Frank Sinatra

#70529 - 04/24/01 10:55 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Count me in for May 4 at 7:00 pm - Jaleo.

Regards,
Mclarke

#70530 - 04/24/01 11:18 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I'll be there smile

Karenwishart, if you'd like to attend but don't want to drive all the way to DC, I'd be glad to give you a lift...at least to the greenbelt metro station, which is how I usually get to DC, being DC driving impaired (somehow, I always end up in a neighborhood I don't recognize, even when I follow directions confused )

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: jmcarr ]

#70531 - 04/24/01 12:23 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thanks jcarr. I may take you up on that. I will know my schedule in the next couple of days and will let you know to count me in/and maybe hitch ride. This is great...I really hope to make it

#70532 - 04/25/01 04:09 PM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
David K Offline

Not sure yet if I'll be able to do it that weekend. Put me down as a maybe.

#70533 - 05/01/01 09:14 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Rkennedy
Well, just confirming that the DC metro MM Dinner is still schedule for May 4 at 7:00 pm at Jaleo. Where is the closet metro stop?

Regards,
mclarke

#70534 - 05/01/01 10:49 AM Re: Washington DC Dinner Group?
rkennedy17 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
OK, here's the deal: Jaleo only accepts reservations until 6:30 PM -- after that it is walk-in only. I vote that we keep our 7PM time and plan on chatting at the bar for a while until a table is ready. Jaleo usually has a lively bar crowd & besides, it might be a good idea for everyone to get to know eachother a bit before we sit down.

To facilitate finding me at the bar, you can view a representative photo (taken a few weeks ago in Spain) at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/rkennedy17

(Follow this link and then click on "My Photos")

Jaleo's Website (includes directions, menu, etc.): http://dc.diningweb.com/restaurants/jaleo/index.html

I look forward to seeing you all there -- as I said before, please feel free to bring somebody if you want!

Saludos,
Rob

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments