Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#70477 - 04/15/01 01:12 AM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Well reading about this great gathering in California about Madrid loving people, I like to see if there are participants on your board that are from the carolinas, maybe even close to Charlotte North Carolina, or to Columbia, South Carolina. I have just finised drinking a a bottle of some given to me while in Madrid Rioja and know I have a terrible need for Madrid.Anybody from the Carolinas having an urge to meet in Charlotte or Columbia. Would love to hear from the East Coast. Have alot to tell about my trip to Madrid and meeting with PUMA but not ready to let got from my mind. Carolina Greetings to all

#70478 - 04/16/01 12:29 AM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Mecky:

You might want to post a new topic, highlighting a possible dinner get together and the city that you are in. You'll automatically attract everyone on the board from your part of town. I will say, we just had our meeting on Friday and everyone was so cool. It was a very nice evening out. I recommend dinner get togethers not only here in the states, but also in Madrid, Spain. Ciao and good luck on putting a dinner group together.

#70479 - 04/16/01 01:15 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
It was soooo cool to finally meet some of the members!!! Everyone was so very interesting and all your stories were great! I can't wait for the next one!
Nicole, I was so bummed you couldn't make it, I really wanted to meet you! Next time for sure!
The restaurant (Allegria) was great...live Flamenco show, cool decor and pretty good sangria...The menu is definitely latino influenced, we especially loved the "Spanish nachos" wink

I highly recommend starting MM dinner groups across the country, it's great to meet kindred spirits! smile

#70480 - 04/16/01 05:42 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
At the risk of depressing those who live in areas "sparsely populated" with MM'ers...let me add my dos duros (before we switch to the euro) on Friday night's L.A. dinner:

¡Qué ilusión! I enjoyed meeting laduque (and her charming mother :)), jdowney-who will be walking the camino with her 65 yr old father next month...GO JD!!!!, roses (and her artist friend Warren) who is off to Spain to skate into the olymipics!!!???, as well as renewing acquaintances with Shawn, who's mulling over a trip to bone up on "el castellano puro de Valladolid". Good choice. We spent about 3+ hours just yapping on about whatever. Normally you get those "7-minute lapses" in a group, but not this one. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Allegria is definitely NOT a Spanish restaurant. The menu has paella and jamón serrano on it, and the music that night was flamenco, but as our waiter pointed out, the city of Long Beach is not ready for a full-time 100% traditional Spanish kitchen. Their loss. The food we did get was tasty, though...don't get me wrong, and the service was good.

I really enjoyed the evening, and hope that all present did, too. I believe the next meeting will be in San Diego at laduque's hubby's new restaurant: Costa Brava. As was pointed out at dinner, the $$$ partner had final say in the name, and even though the chef is from Santander, thought Costa Brava was better. confused Oh well, laduque...we're not eating the menu or the marquee! Good luck!

Nicole, you were missed! It's okay, though...they didn't have chorizo on the menu. laugh We'll catch you on the rebound.

#70481 - 04/27/01 01:39 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
roses Offline

Hey Calibasco:

There's no ??? after Olympics--there has never been anything more definite in my life.

-roses

#70482 - 04/27/01 07:35 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
congratulations! I am bummed that I didn't get to meet you, and I was of course, really looking forward to putting a face to hte name "Laduque"

We will have to get together again when you come back!

#70483 - 04/28/01 07:02 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Roses- Go and get it! I'll be watching the games, and looking for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#70484 - 04/29/01 04:15 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
roses Offline

Thanks, Calibasco!!!

roses

#70485 - 07/30/01 02:18 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

To all those in the LA area [including Shawn who we haven't seen in some time...lurking?]:

THis may be the event you've waited for in the LA area: Click on the link below for information from the Irvine Barclay Theater on the New World Flamenco Festival: http://www.thebarclay.org/frameset.htm

The tickets vary in price (check the site), but the entertainment looks to be quite good.

Enjoy!

#70486 - 08/01/01 02:47 PM Re: Resurrect the LA Dinner Group!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Calibasco,
I have been lurking. Although, I have not posted in some time, I have been checking the site regularly. I was glad to read that LA Dinner Club co-founder, Missmadrid98, is fairing well and have enjoyed the ongoing remarks and retorts by Wolf and yourself.
I am planning to spend about a year in Spain beginning in January 2002. I am still working out the particulars so this site is indespensible.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments