Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7047 - 05/26/04 04:33 AM Barcelona Hostal Poblenou - ok place to stay?
KateP Offline

Loc: Finland
Hi,

Does anyone know the Hostal Poblenou ? Clean place in a safe neighbourhood...?

Thx in advance,
Katja

#7048 - 05/26/04 05:24 AM Re: Barcelona Hostal Poblenou - ok place to stay?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Katja!
Hostal Poblenou is not located in the area that's typical to most tourists to Barcelona. Here's a short description:
Quote:
Located between the "Olympic Port" and "Front Maritim", 5-metro stops to the Gothic neighborhood. Rooms have TV, heat & air conditioning. Most rooms have in-room bathrooms. Reservations by phone/fax/email. Apartments available but a 3-night stay required. Trilingual website.
You can SEE a photo (and map) of its location on the QDQ.com site HERE . It's not far from the beach so I suppose that's nice if you plan to go to the beach. But oddly enough, not a single metro stop is visible on the section of map shown on the QDQ.com site so it may be several blocks away. My GUESS is that it is a safe neighborhood - seems more residential so you won't have the typical tourist-preying pickpocketers around. And, usually, where there are no tourists you'll find a safer neighborhood - but also a less "exciting" area too. You'll likely need the metro or taxi to go to the Gothic Quarter and maybe even to nightclubs and restraunts. Depends on what you're trying to achieve, I guess.

Maybe our member Asterault, who used to live in BCN, can give you a better feeling for that area.

UPDATE: I just took a virtual, photo-stroll through the neighborhood (via the QDQ.com link above) and, well, ahem... how to say it.. it looks a bit industrial. It doesn't look bad but maybe not what you were hoping to find. Maybe I'm wrong but check it out for yourself - use the arrow keys on that QDQ.com page and walk left, right, up, down, and you'll see for youself.

Good luck and have fun. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7049 - 05/26/04 05:51 AM Re: Barcelona Hostal Poblenou - ok place to stay?
KateP Offline

Loc: Finland
Thx, I was mistaken, thougth it was in the Gothic quarters. Oh well, I'll start searching again...

By any chance do you know the hotel California (C/ Rauric), which is a little more expensive?

K

#7050 - 05/31/04 05:50 AM Re: Barcelona Hostal Poblenou - ok place to stay?
Dozyboy Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
i just got info for that hostal too; looks nice though..close to the beach with nice beach bars! have a look at hostal goya too( www.hostalgoya.com ). Nice website, really nice looking place.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments