Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7039 - 05/23/04 09:08 AM Madrid: Wonderful Boutique Hotel
Admiral4 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
If your budget permits, an excellent place to stay in Madrid is the Casa de Madrid . It is located at Arrieta 2-2, across the street from the Teatro Real. I think there are 6 or 8 rooms/suites. I have stayed in three different ones and all are magnificent. Breakfast and other meals are available by arrangement. There is a salon available to all guests that fronts on Calle Arrieta and offers great people watching. The owner is Marta de Medina and she takes particular care of her guests, like no one I have ever met. You can walk to all major sites and nightlife. Enjoy!

#7040 - 05/23/04 10:41 AM Re: Madrid: Wonderful Boutique Hotel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board, Admiral4, and thank you for your review of the Madrid hotel Casa de Madrid !

From the website it looks quite nice - and at a low-season price of $180/night for a standard double room it should be. smile How many stars does this hotel have? I couldn't find a mention of it on its website and I'd like to add it to my Madrid Hotels Directory .

Question: Marta de Medina.... that name sounds familiar. I recall reading something about her somewhere, in English I THINK, and there was a photo of her in her "piso" overlooking the Teatro Real. I don't think the article was about the hotel so is she a famous writer or pianist or something like this as well as a hotel owner??? I remember writing her name down as someone to contact during one of my visits to Madrid but that was at least one year ago now and I wasn't able to contact her. Can you enlighten me?

Thanks! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7041 - 05/23/04 07:51 PM Re: Madrid: Wonderful Boutique Hotel
Admiral4 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Madrid Man,

Marta de Medina is among the most fascinating people I've ever met. I have never asked her directly (because we're always talking about other things) but I believe she is an interior designer. I also believe her family is of the old aristocratic type. She hosts the stars from the Teatro Real at her hotel as well as many other people of that nature. She has always welcomed me with the warmest of spirit and graciousness I wish was more prevalent here in the US. Anyway, she also remodeled a place called Casa de Carmona, in Carmona near Seville. I think her son owns and operates it now. Check out their website. Looking forward to great info about Madrid/Spain and hopefully providing some great photos and things of my own.

#7042 - 05/23/04 08:14 PM Re: Madrid: Wonderful Boutique Hotel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Admiral4 wrote:
Quote:
Marta de Medina is among the most fascinating people I've ever met. I have never asked her directly (because we're always talking about other things) but I believe she is an interior designer.
That might just be it! The article may have been about her interior design expertise. I remember in the photo in the article I saw she was sitting in her flat with a wide view of the surroundings and view through the window to the opera house. Thanks again for clearing that up!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments