MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#70389 - 05/10/01 10:39 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Sandyvi:

Sorry, I can't find the link for roommadrid...MadridMan, do you know the link for this?

(MadridMan says: I searched the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum and found it @ http://www.roommadrid.arrakis.es/index.html )

Here is the web site for EASO: www.easo.net
Here is the web site for InMadrid: http://www.in-madrid.com/classifieds/default.htm

Hostal Fonda Horizonte also has apartments and rents them out... you can get a room there with a bathroom for one month for about 100,000 pts...
Good luck!!!

Okay you guys, we have enough people now for our dinner group. I think that it will be good. Okay here are some of my suggestions... Let me know what you think...
We don't have to have a Spanish restaurant, since of course we are in Spain... the atmosphere is enough... Anyway, I'll put suggestions for both Spanish and non-Spanish restaurants. You guys be the judge...

Vegetarian Restaurant: La Galette-The most plush of Madrid's vegetarian restaurants, with international dishes, some with oriental or Caribbean influences.There are meat and fish dishes for non-vegetarians. Average: 3,000 pts.

El Cenador del Prado: The Herranz brothers produce imaginative, modern Spanish regional cuisine at their restaurant just off Plaza Santa Ana, with many interesting specialities such as patatas con almejas, and a menu de degustacion. The restaurant has the feel of an oasis amid the busy Huertas streets (click here for a picture of Huertas Street - Average 3,500 pts... http://www.madridman.com/fotos/2k/huertas2ka.jpg
I have to go... I'll write more later.

roses...

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#70390 - 05/16/01 01:15 AM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Don't know if you were counting me in your total since I'd been away for a few weeks, but would still like to meet with the rest of the group on Sat., June 30th. If vegetarian provides more options for everyone, then I'd be fine with that. It'd be interesting to see what veg/vegan fare they have.

#70391 - 05/16/01 06:42 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
although I can't join you in Madrid, I can tell you that I absolutely love La Galette,
( by Retiro) the restaurant proposed by roses. The lentil soup is amazing there! It has been one my favorite restaurants for many years. I am so envious! Enjoy !

#70392 - 05/17/01 07:52 AM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
papi Offline

Loc: LONDRES!!!!
Id meet anyone who wants too....gonna be in madrid for a 3 weeks june 29 - july 18 i think...somebody holla if they want some compania!
hasta luego

Papi
rolleyes

#70393 - 05/17/01 12:29 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
roses Offline

Papi:

We'd love to have you join our dinner group on the 30th.... still looking for a place to meet up. Check back on this site at a later date for the time and location.

-roses

#70394 - 05/17/01 02:13 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
papi Offline

Loc: LONDRES!!!!
rolleyes

woooooohoooooooooo... laugh

#70395 - 05/21/01 04:31 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
sandyvi Offline

Loc: ireland
Firstly I'd like to thank Roses for her help. She doesnt realise how much she has helped me. I have a longer and cheaper stay in Madrid. It's fantastic! THANX

This dinner sounds fun..mayb if everyone met somewhere very well knowm...like Retiro Park. But there are more than one entrance so it would have to very well organised. I can ask my friends for any good meeting places..

hope to c u all soon.
Sandvi

ONLY 3DAYS TO GO...I CANT WAIT!!!

[ 05-21-2001: Message edited by: sandyvi ]

#70396 - 05/21/01 05:39 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
roses Offline

Sandy: Did you choose EASO?

#70397 - 05/24/01 08:08 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
roses Offline

Okay everyone... I'm going to pick a place tonight, so if you have any suggestions make sure to make it soon... if not, it looks like it's going to be La Gallete... I heard this place is the "bomb." laugh If this is the final place, then I will place the address, directions, and time on this site tonight. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you... and what better place to have a MadridMan Dinner Group, then in Madrid. Chau!!! -roses

#70398 - 05/24/01 08:16 PM Re: Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain
roses Offline

FYI- Currently the people interested in attending the dinner are as follows:

Warren
Roses
Druship
Asterault
Connie
Bill + 2
Expressdance
Sheba
Bobster
Replay
Emz
Canadiense
Sandyvi
Tricia
Papi
Joe Piazza
(And anyone else we pick up while we're in Madrid!)

Possibly Four More Really Cool People cool

Antonio (Tal Vez)
Asterault (Tal Vez)
Nevado (Tal Vez)
Majesty318 (Tal Vez)

That's a total of 18 people. Wow, please someone bring a camera or camcorder. Hopefully we can stream it to the MadridMan's web site.

I'll let you guys know the location later tonight... I'm going to pick a location with live entertainment, sangria, and dancing... So I hope that all of you can dance, if not, we'll get you liquored up on Sangria and lure you onto the dance floor. laugh Adios...roses

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: roses ]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments