Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#70339 - 06/01/01 10:54 PM Minneapolis dinner group?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hey, I never thought it was possible, but it looks like with me, sheba, and lindab, we may have the makings of a Minneapolis dinner get-together. Is anyone else interested? And sheba and lindab, do either of you have possible restaurant suggestions? I know El Meson on Lyndale (or is it Nicollet?) and La Bodega near Lyndale and Lake...are there other options? Maybe late this summer (sheba, you're going soon, right? How long will you be in Spain?)...and we could share photos and travel stories from our recent adventures!

#70340 - 06/02/01 12:37 AM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
thanks taravb but when i get back it's work, work, work and school, school, school. i'll be working one full-time job, one part-time job and going to school full-time, so i will have very little personal time.

but thank you so much for the invite.

#70341 - 06/02/01 10:18 AM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You mind-reader you! I just posted the idea as an afterthought on another thread. I'll be back in Mpls. in August (18-26). Can you guys "postpone" dinner plans until then? I have a wedding on that Thurs/Fri but would love to get together some other night for dinner and getting acquainted. Keep me posted if this is possible...

#70342 - 06/02/01 01:36 PM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Hey, CaliBasco, I think that would be great fun (and perhaps we can convince sheba to join in if at all possible!). End-of-summer is a pretty good time for me, though "work, work, work" and "school, school, school" tend to dominate most of my free time! (I'm collecting dissertation data and also teaching, but not until September--and the data collection is agonizingly slow during the summer anyway--more so today, when I had three research participants scheduled and came to the lab, only to find an infestation of FLYING ANTS!! Ugh...but that's another story altogether!!).

So let's pick a date and see if we can get it onto people's calendars--hey, MM, want to join in? Ohio's just a few states away!
Tara

#70343 - 07/02/01 11:21 PM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Hi--
It looks like Brien, josie, CaliBasco, and I may be up for a dinner meeting in Minneapolis in late August...any other possible attendees? lindab? sheba?

Let's pick a date and a location!
Tara

#70344 - 07/03/01 01:27 AM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

How about we let CaliBasco tell us when would work out...since the rest of us are here in the lovely Twin Cities all the time. In general, weekday evenings are better for me, though weekends will work if they are better for everyone else.

Now I have to get working on my photo album, so that I am not boring people with a stack of disorganized photos and brochures!

See you in August...sometime! CaliBasco, what works for you?

#70345 - 07/03/01 10:36 AM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
I'd love to get together to share a meal as well as photos, stories and memories. My schedule is pretty flexible, just let me know the date. I'm only 40 min. away from Mpls. (Hopefully by then my photos will be organized too!) josie

#70346 - 07/03/01 12:04 PM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
Brien Offline

Loc: Minneapolis
Hey everyone,

This sounds like it really is going to materialize. I just wanted to let you all know that i am going to vegas from august 17-21...if you could do it sometime after that, that would be great. If none of those days work, then i guess i will have to miss it and participate another time. It sounds like a lot of fun so i would really like to go.

Hasta luego

Brien

#70347 - 07/03/01 04:48 PM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

How about the night of Wednesday, August 22? That would be after Brien gets back and before the wedding CaliBasco is attending.

Tara

#70348 - 07/06/01 04:35 PM Re: Minneapolis dinner group?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Let's plan on the 22nd. I'd love to do it. I'll check and make sure I don't have anything silly conflicting like a rehearsal dinner, etc. Thanks for being so accomodating to my schedule!!! I've forgotten what courtesy is since moving to California!!! :p

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments