Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70329 - 08/17/01 01:02 AM Body boarding in Spain
milk4962 Offline

Loc: Japan
I am japanese,22yrs,female,will be in Madrid sept 1-sept 23.I am looking for someone go to beach and body boarding(beginner) together in Spain on weekends.If anybody knows good place to body board in Spain let me know.Also looking for friend in madrid for chat,dining and dancing.I can speak Japanese,English and Spanish.

#70330 - 08/17/01 07:35 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

I honestly don't know what body boarding is. Can somebody tell me? :o

Is it like throwing yourself on any close body, like pirates' boarding of ships?

Or is it like the aliens body invaders?

laugh

#70331 - 08/17/01 07:38 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Ignacio,

Body boarding is like surf boarding, only you lay down on the board.

In my case, it would be called whale boarding... rolleyes Oceans have been known to rise at least two inches when I hit the water, and tidal waves have occured on distant shores.

Wolf (Who showers instead of taking baths, because there's only room for me and three cups of water in the average tub. eek )

#70332 - 08/17/01 09:29 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
milk4962 -

In researching my upcoming trip, I found information saying that Tarifa is one of the best windsurfing locations in the world, so it seems body boarding would be good there too? Plus, I've heard it's a great place overall (Anchovy Front - care to chime in?)

And, on an entirely different subject, but in response to Wolf's comments regarding his size.....(MM forgive me for getting way off the topic?)...

My husband is also a "large" guy. Last year, we arrived into Rome after a long day of travelling - and we both really needed a shower at that point. We had a room reserved at a great B&B, but the bathroom contained only a shower stall that was soooooooo small, my husband could not get into it! He even offered to soap up first to see if he could "slide" his way in, but alas, no way. All the other rooms were booked for that night, although they assured us we could move to another room for the remainder of our stay. The manager even tried to remove the sliding doors from the shower!

Well, long story short, being so tired we opted to take my husband up to the roof and hose him down on the terrace.. eek eek And wouldn't you know that after days of him complaining that he couldn't find a cold drink of water, we found it in Rome...coming out of that hose! laugh (Which further shows you should be careful what you wish for..)

Pookita (who now always scopes out the bathrooms first when traveling)

#70333 - 08/17/01 10:17 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
milk4962 Offline

Loc: Japan
Thank you for all those reply to this topic eek But where is Tarifa anyway?? confused

#70334 - 08/17/01 10:57 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
milk4962 -

Tarifa is the southernmost point on mainland Spain. You can look across the strait and see Africa!

Pookita

#70335 - 08/17/01 11:03 AM Re: Body boarding in Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tarifa is in the very south of continental Spain. Between Mediterranean and Atlantic. Cadiz province. Far from Madrid even with AVE (high speed train), but you could go on weekends.

I too heard that it is a world first class resource for surf, same as San Sebastian, in the North, close to France.

#70336 - 08/17/01 01:24 PM Re: Body boarding in Spain
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
When I studied in Alicante, there was a lot of people body boarding there. Some of the students there from Germany even brought their own bodyboards. There are beaches right in town and there is a great beach just a short busride away, in San Juan.

Good luck.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments