Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70318 - 12/02/08 02:42 PM terra.es
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
I have been trying for several days to send emails to a friend with a terra.es email address. I keep getting a failure message with this in the text:

Mail server for "terra.es" unreachable for too long

Anyone else having this issue with terra.es?

#70319 - 12/02/08 03:00 PM Re: terra.es
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
seems you are not alone: http://comunidad.terra.es/forums/thread/5724896.aspx

IIRC, Terra are having a major infrastructure overhaul as they are migrating to new systems...

#70320 - 12/02/08 03:06 PM Re: terra.es
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I had a terra.es email account for years until about 1.5 years ago or so when they kept saying the login or password was wrong. I did the old "Password Recovery" route but got some kind of error message so I gave up. Too bad, too, because it was "cool" to have a Spanish email account. Now I also use OZU.es (but it's full of junk mail, mostly) and Yahoo.es - which is the best free email account I have.

CascadaDuSel, had you SUDDENLY had this problem or was it the first time in several months or years you'd tried sending emails to this terra.es email address?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70321 - 12/02/08 03:11 PM Re: terra.es
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
No I write this address at least a few times a month and havent had any issues.. I am trying to send a pdf attachment and thought that was the problem but tried an email without an attachement and it didnt get there either - the frustrating this is that the failure notice comes about 2 or 3 days after I send the emails so I dont now if they get there or not for a while...

#70322 - 12/02/08 03:41 PM Re: terra.es
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
CascadaduSel, it seems that the problem is one with Terra as other people are having it. If ou read the link i sent you you can see that the guy even contacted Terra to see what was wrong.

The error message you have means that your mail server gave up trying to contact the Terra mail server as it has not responded a single time since you sent the email.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments