Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70262 - 08/03/08 05:15 PM CD "Una Noche en Madrid" Marc Antonio Solis en Vivo
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
After seeing it listed near the top of Billboard Magazine's Latin American CD chart, I just went out and purchased the latest from Mark Antonio Solis "Una Noche en Madrid". It was recorded live October 12, 2007 at the Palacio Municipal de Congresos as part of the festival "VivAmérica. It is a wonderful recording (in which Solis is frequently heard espressing his warm personal feelings toward the "Madre Patria"), and I recommend it highly.

#70263 - 08/04/08 02:32 AM Re: CD "Una Noche en Madrid" Marc Antonio Solis en Vivo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
He must be relatively new. There's almost nothing about him on the internet, only 2 pages of Google search results, no official website, and one fan page on Facebook.

Is his name spelled correctly? Is MARK with a "C" as you have it in the subject line or with a "K" as you have it in the body of your posting? He's from Madrid?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70264 - 08/04/08 10:42 AM Re: CD "Una Noche en Madrid" Marc Antonio Solis en Vivo
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Marco Antonio Solís a Mexican pop star who has been around since the 70s at least... he was in the hugely popular group, Los Bukis.

#70265 - 08/04/08 10:23 PM Re: CD "Una Noche en Madrid" Marc Antonio Solis en Vivo
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
He has become very big as a soloist in Latin America and among Hispanics in the US. The CD I referred to was recorded while he was making his very first tour through Spain. I love listening to music recorded live in front of an audience, and I especially enjoyed the interaction between Solis and the people attending this concert in Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments