Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#70204 - 10/03/07 05:25 PM Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I'm looking forward to seeing this show on PBS. Official Website @ Spain: On The Road Again .

Anything about food in Spain has got to be good. I don't care about Gwyneth - I care about the food!

I understand that the restaurants they visit over the next ten weeks will not be announced ahead of time - makes sense. I'm dying to know where they go, though. I imagine it will be in the Spanish press after the visits happen. If any of you in Spain hear about how things go, can you let us know?

Many thanks!

#70205 - 10/03/07 05:47 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
I don't care about Gwyneth - I care about the food!
And I don't care anything about the food - I care about Gwyneth!!! :p hehee.. Just kidding. Knowing she studied Spanish in, where?, Toledo makes her that much more interesting.

Actually, I care equally about the food as I do about Gwyneth Paltrow. :p I LIKE IT/HER A LOT!

If I see anything in the press about her food tour I'll be sure to post it here.

And speaking of PBS, a slight digression which I already regret typing, I was interviewed (online) by PBS' Going Places: Madrid program, oh, about 6 or 7 years ago. See it here if you're bored.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70206 - 10/03/07 05:55 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
She is a very nice person, she is more an ordinary girl rather than a Holliwood super star.
In addition she speaks really good Spanish, her accent is very good.

#70207 - 10/25/07 08:36 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
Bummer, I followed the link but it says that it's no longer found. I tried to find Going Places on the website and it says that it's no longer on PBS. MM, is there another link?

#70208 - 10/26/07 09:16 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Well crud! SalaChic, the link worked just a few weeks ago when I posted it. Seems now, maybe with the recent traffic to it, they've taken it down.

You can still view it archived @ http://web.archive.org/.../www.pbs.org/wnet/goingplaces3/madrid/guide2.html

Saludos, MadridMan cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70209 - 10/26/07 11:19 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

#70210 - 01/17/08 02:28 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

esperanza/Diana, your /staging/ links don't work anymore. That's a shame. Seems they've taken it down or removed direct access, anyway.

http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/ still works but simply says, "Coming Soon". When was this supposed to air?

Saludos, MadridMan

#70211 - 01/18/08 08:32 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

well I just googled it and this is something I came up with. It seems that it will be broadcast in Spain also! and it should be shown this year.
on another web page I read
Quote:
Actress Gweneyth Paltrow has signed on with PBS TV to do a reality show, where she takes a culinary tour of Spain. The show will be creatively titled Spain, On the Road Again.

This ten week series, which will be aired in both Spain and the U.S. will have Paltrow, not only showing the viewers the local delicacies, but will show the “hazards that any male-female trip can offer.” Like, how it is easier for a guy to make an impromptu bathroom pit stop while on the road.

The show should be interesting because Gweneyth has been on a macrobiotic diet for years, and thinks that at times she will be tempted to stray from it, especially since her father is Spanish, and she has personal ties there.

The show will air in 13 episodes sometime late next year.

#70212 - 01/18/08 08:49 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

I read this from the website esperanza posted a link to:

Quote:
Paltrow, a longtime vegetarian, said she likes rice dishes and seafood and will get by on these in a country that is big on meat.
I enjoy eating meat. Loved how ham and pig is done in Spain. But can anyone real do a honest food show about Spanish cuisine when they are a vegetarian? :yuck:

It would like doing a food show on Italy and the person that hosts the show does not eat pasta and drinks wine.

So why bother having Paltrow host the show? :yuck:

Bill

#70213 - 01/18/08 10:53 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
I didnt know that her father was Spanish? I cant find that anywhere.... is that really true? I found this on Wikipidea... looks like she studied in Talavera de la Reina...

"Paltrow was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of Blythe Danner, an actress, and Bruce Paltrow, a late film and television director, writer, and producer. Paltrow's father was of Ashkenazi Russian Jewish descent and her mother was raised a Quaker;[2] Paltrow follows Judaism and proudly acknowledges her Jewish roots.[3][4][5] Raised in Santa Monica, she attended Crossroads School before moving and attending Spence School, a private girls' school in New York City. Later she briefly studied art history at the University of California, Santa Barbara, before discontinuing her degree and committing herself to acting. Paltrow has a younger brother, Jake Paltrow, and is a cousin of actress Katherine Moennig. She is an "adopted daughter" of Talavera de la Reina (Spain), where she lived as an exchange student and learned Spanish.[6][7] Paltrow was childhood friends with Saturday Night Live's Maya Rudolph[8] and attended Brown Ledge Summer Camp, an all-girl's camp in Vermont.[citation needed]"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments