MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#70214 - 01/18/08 11:48 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I believe the article may have been referring to her "adopted father" from Spain. I had seen an interview with her a few years back in which she stated that her Spanish family was very close to her and she referred to them as her family.
Bruce Paltrow, her biological father, was a famous hollywood directer, etc...and by no means was a Spaniard.

Anyway, back on topic, I can't wait to see this show, not for Gweneth, but actually for Mario Batali, I love him! And he is the meat eater of the two, (he owns Babo in NYC) and regularly serves organ meats on his menus.I think he will be the food expert and Gweneth will be the tour guide. confused

#70215 - 01/18/08 11:48 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Gwyneth's bio: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000569/bio - says her father, Bruce Paltrow, was (died) Polish-Jewish and born in Brooklyn, New York.

Her mother is actress BLYTHE DANNER
as CascaDuSel mentions above.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70216 - 01/18/08 07:44 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Just looked up Mario Batali and his website has a blog all about his adventures filming this show in Spain...mariobatali.com

#70217 - 01/18/08 09:20 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Oh, laduque - what a blog!! I'm drooling!! Thank you! I can't wait to see the show!

clap

#70218 - 01/19/08 12:00 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
laduque Offline
Executive Member

I actually just finished reading the blog entries from Mario Batali! Wow, the mere mention of the foods he writes about DOES make you drool!
Sounds like Mario is the true star of this show, Gweneth (gp) is only mentioned a few times out of the 2 months of blogs.
We'll just have to wait and see, won't we!

#70219 - 01/19/08 11:38 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hey laduque, good thinking about reading over the Mario Batali blog. It was fun to read; I was surprised by his candid talk. I am especially looking forward to the show now seeing that he will be in Galicia and Asturias.

smile

#70220 - 03/05/08 09:45 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Looks like Gwyneth was in Valencia filming another episode of her television program. See the photo here in El Mundo on March 5.

#70221 - 07/03/08 03:56 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The Made in Spain thread reminded me about this thread and wondered what was going on with Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain.

So... I went to http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/ and watched the 4.5 minute YouTube "Sneak Peak" video and found it somewhat interesting. You see some of Spain's sights as well as Gwyneth speaking just a little Spanish. There's even a short part of them speaking with Michael Stipe of R.E.M. cool ("STAND in the place where you are...")

Apparently the show is coming in September. Hopefully we'll find some episodes on YouTube. xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70222 - 09/10/08 09:15 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You should check the website again the MM posted above because now it live and the start date is September 20. The photos on thje website look great.

For those that live in the area of New York City, I checked the PBS program listing and it on Monday Sept 22 at 10:00 PM at night on Channel 21.

Bill

#70223 - 09/10/08 02:03 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I just watched (again?) the video they post about their travels through Spain at http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/ and, oh, my-oh-my. I LIVE HERE and I'd LOVE to see this series!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments