Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69919 - 02/14/07 08:51 AM Madrid: Motorcycle Crash on YouTube
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anyone else see this motorcycle crash video on YouTube? It happened at the Calle O'Donnell tunnel but we don't know when. It seems two motorcycle passengers were being persued by a police car but what's not clear to me is if the motorcycle (and persuing police) were going the wrong way in the one-way tunnel or if traffic was TWO-WAY.

I saw the video this morning on TeleMadrid news but found it posted along with an article on Madridiario.es

CLICK HERE for the Madridiario article and CLICK HERE for the video .

I wouldn't post such a thing here on the message board if it was a fatal accident but these TWO motorocycle passengers, after doing about 3 flips in the air after the head-on-impact with a taxi, got up and ran away and the police ran after them!!! eek Incredible. Well actually, only the non-helmet-wearing motorcycle driver got up and ran away. The helmet-wearing-passenger got up and kind of limped away while holding his arm. And only one of motorcycle passengers was wearing a helmet!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69920 - 02/14/07 12:14 PM Re: Madrid: Motorcycle Crash on YouTube
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes!! saw it on TVE. awesome dude. i mean the other police car didnt even slow down straight smash into the motocycle guy;who didnt even try to avoid the collision? go figure it. AND, the tape is all over the internet in youtube something!!! from an official traffic camera?? oh oh something is funny here...NO traffic there is one way!!!! totally insane scenario!

#69921 - 02/14/07 09:30 PM Re: Madrid: Motorcycle Crash on YouTube
Vegas baby Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV USA
I never ever ride without my helmet...those dudes are lucky SOB's!!!

#69922 - 02/15/07 03:28 AM Re: Madrid: Motorcycle Crash on YouTube
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
pedmar, it was the taxi who hit the motorcycle. I too wondered about why the taxi driver didn't slow down - or maybe he did before coming into the camera. He was going downhill, afterall, making it more difficult to slow/stop. But the taxi did stop nearly immediately (short distance) after hitting the motorcycle which tells me he wasn't going too fast. From the lines on the street I'll assume it was a 2-lane, one-way street and the motorcycle was going the wrong way.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69923 - 02/15/07 12:44 PM Re: Madrid: Motorcycle Crash on YouTube
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
ok yeah taxi look like police car thing; too much sherry!!!! maybe just like the motorcycles guys!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments