Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6988 - 05/05/04 11:32 PM Hostels in Valencia
jenway90 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
This is my first trip to Spain and I am so excited! I am going to Madrid for a few days and then to Valencia. I am looking for recommendations for Hostels in Valencia, preferably near the beach. I am going at the end of this month.

#6989 - 05/11/04 06:43 AM Re: Hostels in Valencia
Jeab Offline

Loc: Asia

#6990 - 05/15/04 10:35 AM Re: Hostels in Valencia
Leahlee Offline

Hi Jen,
I haven't been yet so I can't be sure...but I'm off to Valenica in a few weeks too, and am going to stay at this place:

Home

it looks really funky and has had good reviews.

enjoy!

#6991 - 05/15/04 09:27 PM Re: Hostels in Valencia
jenway90 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
I booked at Home last week. :-) I'll be there 25th and 26th.

Let's hope the reviews are right.

#6992 - 05/19/04 09:55 AM Re: Hostels in Valencia
fishball Offline

Loc: Singapore
hi all,

just to post my little review on Hostal Moratin during my trip this April. I must say it is rather cheap and good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room as well as the rest of the place is clean and well-kept. The whole place is painted in white with touches of yellow, and there is a flower pot at my window sill, so everything looks spark and cheery.

It is only about 5-10 mins' walk from the train station, and is within walking distance to most attractions. Valencia has really great architecture. Love it there.

However, we were short-changed by 2 euros by the owner while leaving. Partly my fault for not verbally confirming the price before handing over the money as I took for granted that I would be charged the 37 euros as stated in my email. I could have showed him the printed email but we let it go since we thought it might be tax or took it as a form of tip for them.

Anyway, I won't hesitate to stay there again when I return to Valencia. I'll just be more comprehensive the next time.

#6993 - 06/05/04 03:55 PM Re: Hostels in Valencia
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Hi, I have also used the Hostal Moratín and enjoyed it's location and fair price, but I must say frankly that there is a crank on the staff - a fellow who is not a people person. This is not to discourage anyone from taking advantage of an otherwise friendly establishement by any means, I have them on the top of my list for València, but it is worht knowing. As mentioned above, the rest of the staff is friendly and professional. Also know that they did not have air conditioning when I stayed there last in 2000 - but the rate was reasonable enough for me to just buy myself a fan, they were nice about it and didn't bat an eye.
The building still employs a portera, she is a friendly and helpful person who is a font of information.
The issue of the two euro overcharge would certainly have been resolved with the documents, the owner is a stickler for correctness and wouldn't ever play with hidden charges - then again, you may have encountered the crank, lol.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments