Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69756 - 08/22/06 06:15 AM Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
We just found out that Ismael Serrano will finally be playing in NYC in September at SOBs. Tickets are $15.

Thought I would let everyone know.

Día: 28 de septiembre de 2006
Ciudad / provincia / país: Nueva York / Estados Unidos
Lugar / Hora: SOB'S
Más información: www.sobs.com
http://www.ismaelserrano.com/

Actually, he is also coming to more places in the US:

Día: 29 de septiembre de 2006
Ciudad / provincia / país: Chicago / Estados Unidos
Lugar/Hora: Hot House / 8 pm
Más información: www.hothouse.net

Día: 04 de octubre de 2006
Ciudad / provincia / país: Miami / Estados Unidos
Lugar/Hora: Centro Cultural Español
Más información: www.ccemiami.org

Día: 07 de octubre de 2006
Ciudad / provincia / país: San Francisco / Estados Unidos
Lugar/Hora: Brava Theater
Más información: www.brava.org

#69757 - 08/22/06 05:29 PM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! I hope some of you are fortunate enough to see this guy in concert. Wow. What a singer/songwriter. As some of you may have read in the " Ismael Serrano otra vez " thread, I went to see him live-and-in-concert in Tarragona last spring.

ENJOY! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69758 - 08/23/06 04:36 PM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

At work there is an intern that sits next to me and she is from Madrid. I never heard of Ismael Serrano, until I saw caminante's message.

So I will share you this little tibit of information from today at work.

I printed out the caminante message and asked her if she every heard of Ismael Serrano. The expression on her face said it all. She light up like a light blub with a big smile. I now know he is good just from her face and smile. She even let me listen to some of his music from her Ipod. cloud9

Thanks for sharing this and I will be picking up some of his music. thumbsup

Bill

#69759 - 08/24/06 01:16 AM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
caminante Offline

Bill, maybe we will see you there!! We will be near the front (hopefully).

#69760 - 08/24/06 02:21 AM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm confused. Bill from NYC, you mean to say the intern sitting next to you was OUR caminante????

Enjoy the show! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69761 - 08/24/06 10:47 AM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
caminante Offline

MadridMan, I can assure you I am not an intern in Bill's office.

#69762 - 08/24/06 02:24 PM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Only in the same city!

This morning while I was going to work, I was listening to Ismael Serrano on my Zen and not understanding one word he was singing. thumbsup

Bill

#69763 - 08/24/06 03:57 PM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I really can't stand either Ismael Serrano or his music (in general, there are a couple of songs I like).

One of the things I detest most of him is his defense of terrorists such as Ché Guevara, Subcomandante Marcos and so on ( México Insurgente (in english) .

Anyway, I recognize him to be one of the best music composers in Spain.

Fernando

#69764 - 09/29/06 10:37 AM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
caminante Offline

We went to the New York concert last night. It was in a very small venue with a very enthusiastic packed crowd. It was incredible to see Serrano in such a small setting. He said it was his first time in the US.

It was just him and his guitar, and he played lots of great songs, including my wife's favorite (Ya Ves).

#69765 - 09/29/06 11:50 AM Re: Ismael Serrano in NYC on September 28, Other US Cities
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Ooh! Ooh! caminante, did you take any photos by chance? Small venues are the best to see any singer/songwriter like Ismael Serrano. What a voice that guy has, eh? He's so earthy, so aware, just incredible. I can't say enough about him.

Glad you made it to the concert. Dare we ask how much you paid for your New York City tickets?

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments