Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6968 - 05/05/04 03:44 PM Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
jvnlb Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Stayed at Hostal Adriano for four nights recently and would strongly recommend this hostal to anyone looking for a very nice room, in a central location with a reasonable price. The room is small, but very functional. There is an in-room safe available for your use at no charge. The room also included a refrigerator and a small writing desk. While the in-suite bathroom is small, it too is very functional. Elevator construction is continuing, which will greatly improve accessability to the hostal, which currently is via five flights of stairs. If you have any issues with climbing five flights of stairs, do not stay at this location. However, it should be noted that the staff is more than willing to assist you with your luggage. The operators of the hostal are very friendly and very helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc. When I return to Madrid in the future, I will definitely book at this location.

#6969 - 05/05/04 08:36 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
JA Offline

Loc: usa
Read all the reviews. Very good job. Thanks,

Juan

#6970 - 05/08/04 06:36 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
crowduck Offline

Loc: Santa Cruz, Calif
Has anyone heard about WHEN the elevator will be completed?

#6971 - 05/08/04 07:20 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I was told it would be ready by my next visit this fall, but it seems to have a life of it's own.

A minor correction-While The Adriano is on the American 5th floor, there are only 4 flights of steps from the ground floor

I have walked them at least two hundred times. There are 88 in all!

#6972 - 05/09/04 07:52 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello

Unless you have a serious health condition where your doctor recommends you to stay away from exercising, ADRIANO will be a place to stay. The rewards of staying at a family/friendly, neat, clean, caring place/people are countless.

After a good meal and tapas, a good walk up the stairs is what most doctors recommend. At least, that is how I look at it and been told by mine.

Seriously, I cannot recommend, say enough good things about HOSTAL ADRIANO. I have been to others and they are absolutely VERY BEST.

Regards

Elvira

#6973 - 05/10/04 02:15 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
AJ_dup1 Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
When I asked them if the elevator would be ready by the time I was there in September they said no. The impression of the 'no' was that it wouldn't be ready anytime this year.

#6974 - 05/28/04 02:40 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
jenia.alexis Offline

Loc: new york
i will be staying in Adriano on May 29 - June 3.
my question is - would they help you with the suitcases? they are pretty heavy...

thanks,

Alexis

#6975 - 05/28/04 03:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jenia.alexis, yes, they will carry your luggage up those several flights of stairs - they have a number of strong guys to help with this.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6976 - 06/15/04 06:28 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
Do any of the rooms have balconies? And if so, would one want such a room (ie. is noise a big problem?)

Thank you

#6977 - 06/15/04 06:35 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
funes, MANY of the rooms have balconies and I ALWAYS ask for streetside rooms with balconies just because it's something unique for me and I like to feel like I can get outside while still not leaving the room.

Street noise can be a problem on, say, New Years Eve, Carnaval, or even Halloween night but since you're on the TOP/5th floor (or 4th floor as they call it in Spain) and since the windows have triple panes (a recent upgrade to all or most of the rooms) I doubt it will be a problem at all. BUT since I haven't stayed there personally - only toured it several time - hopefully Mongo or the others can better advise you.

Good luck and enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6978 - 06/15/04 11:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The balconies at the Adriano are of the type seen often in Madrid, large enough to stand on but not large enough to spend much time there.

I don't like to stay on the balcony side because of the strong morning sun. (I don't usually come home until after 6am!) It would be wonderful for someone who wants to be up at dawn for a full day of sights.

It can be noisy with the windows open as there are several very popular clubs nearby but as MM said, they have new windows, ceiling fans and new air conditioning units. (Good cold stuff!)

I'll see you all in September!

#6979 - 06/16/04 01:30 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - hostal review
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
I just confirmed for September 5, 6 and 7 in an inner room-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments