Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6953 - 05/04/04 08:05 PM Hostales en Sevilla
mandolynn Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I have a few questions for you all...I have been doing lots of searches and reading lots of back posts to find a 'hostal' in Sevilla for my husband and I. We are going in a few weeks. One I'm considering is called Hostal Goya , and I can't seem to find many comments here. Anyone been there recently? It's a little more expensive at €70 a night right now. Also, I read that many people were going to Sevilla during Semana Santa and I was wondering about a report on the places you all stayed. I have seen Hostal Roma and Hostal Atenas have been listed as good possibilities. I'm not quite sure how long the walk is from the Museo de Bellas Artes to the cathedral. Anyway, thanks all, to anyone who has info!

#6954 - 05/04/04 11:12 PM Re: Hostales en Sevilla
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I visited Sevilla during Semana Santa and stayed at the Hosteria Dona Lina:

Dona Lina

The website lists a double at 54 euros (not including holidays). Overall, I don't think I'd stay there again but it wasn't bad. It's actually an 8 room hotel above a restaurant smack in the heart of the Santa Cruz quarter. The location can't be beat! There is someone at the desk all night and they are very friendly (not much english though if this is an issue for you). My room was clean but very small....I'm not a big person but the shower was so small I couldn't even bend down to shave my legs in the shower. For anyone tall or "large" :o it wouldn't work at all. To be fair, I had a single so perhaps the doubles are more roomy. I felt slightly claustrophic as my "window" just looked down on the restaurant. There's a plexiglass roof in the restaurant but it was kind of strange not knowing what the weather was like outside or what time of day it was.

Other places I've stayed in Sevilla are the Hotel Alcantara which may be a little on the high end of your price range: http://www.innsofspain.com/hotelview.aspx?h=1147

It's small and is in a great location in the Santa Cruz quarter and is quite modern with IKEA type furniture.

and the Casa de la Juderia - which would be way off the budget option list.

Hope this helps.

#6955 - 05/05/04 07:24 PM Re: Hostales en Sevilla
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Hostel Goya, Hostel Roma and Hostel Atenos are all in Barcelona not Sevilla. Which city are you looking for lodging in? Goya & Roma have had several reviews, all good. Just do a search to find them.

My trip is less than weeks away and I will be staying at Hostal Goya for a few days. After the trip I will post comments on lodging for Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Fuengirola.

-------
Part of the fun is planning and dreaming.....

#6956 - 05/05/04 08:15 PM Re: Hostales en Sevilla
mandolynn Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I know that there is also a Hostal Goya in Barcelona , but I'm referring to the Hostal Goya in Sevilla . I've heard that the one in Barcelona is good. But all three of those that I mentioned are definitely in Sevilla. Thanks though! Good to double-check always.

#6957 - 05/05/04 08:32 PM Re: Hostales en Sevilla
JA Offline

Loc: usa
Hostal Roma was very nice and new.Has elevator and a desk open 24 hrs. It is very close to the bus station and the neighborhood is pretty nice and cool. We stayed there twice and maybe will do it again. Couple of good cafes for breakfast.
Was about 50 Euros last year. They also own a cheaper (older) place within a 100 mts.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments