Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69124 - 03/30/05 10:25 AM Need books/materials for dissertation: HELP PLEASE...!
Alex Layton Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hola a todos,

I am an English student currently studying in Madrid. (also loving every minute of it!) However I must do a 3500 word mini dissertation and I have chosen the topic "Racism within Spanish football" (especially surrounding recent events).

I was wondering if anyone had any good information on this? (Spanish material would be much better as I wont have to translate it! cool especially books, newspaper articles or webpages)

I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone can help me. (feel free to email me aswell)

Many thanks,

Alex

#69125 - 03/30/05 11:26 AM Re: Need books/materials for dissertation: HELP PLEASE...!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Alex,
You need to visit your university library in Spain and make an appointment for a literature search in your area of concern with one of the professional librarians.

You will need to obtain books and journals in your area, aschew newspaper articles since they are not permissable usually in dissertations.

Also, do you have access to electronic databases at your university? If you use these, generally these are peer-reviewed and are considered acceptable in a dissertation.

You need to decide the conceptual as well as the theoretical framework for your dissertation then narrow in on your topic.

Good Luck,
Booklady

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments