Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69091 - 03/23/05 02:39 PM Spanish Newspapers
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to try to read up on the news that is currently going on in Spain. I've also found that reading Spanish is helping me along in my learning Spanish, so I'm figuring this is good for two things! So far, the only online newspaper I seem to be able to find is El Mundo. So far, it has been okay - heck, I'm lucky to be able to piece the story together with my fractured Spanish! But I'm wondering if there are other online newspaper/magazines that relate items specific to Spain. I know here in the US we have newspaper that present leanings toward one political belief or another, and I presume the same is true of Spain.

What would you suggest? I really don't care about political leanings, but more about getting a feel for what is happening in Spain and to learn about current events. Ideas?

Gracias!

#69092 - 03/23/05 02:58 PM Re: Spanish Newspapers
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Chele60, I invite you to visit the rest of MadridMan.com for all kinds of Madrid and Spain-related information. For news, visit the Spain News page . There, you'll find a complete list of links to news sources in Spanish AND English. El País has a good, "abridged" English edition of their daily Spanish newspaper. Good luck and enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69093 - 03/23/05 04:03 PM Re: Spanish Newspapers
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Wow, Madridman, just...wow! This site just keeps getting better and better. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for - thanks!

#69094 - 04/02/05 02:44 PM Re: Spanish Newspapers
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
MM - thanks for adding the link to Que! - the free daily newparer found in Madrid and other major Spanish cities. I found it interesting but tooooo colourful, preferring the more "traditional" free dailys of Metro and 20 minutos
You might also like to add links to them on you newspapers page.
Robbieroy

#69095 - 04/02/05 09:48 PM Re: Spanish Newspapers
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
You can get a free email subscription as I have to the Lavanguardia newpaper which is published in Barcelona. You can also get a free subsription to Periodista Digital which provides a varied selection of articles from several different newspapers. Here are links to their websites:
www.lavanguardia.es
www.periodistadigital.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments