MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69070 - 03/12/05 07:28 AM Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
One more week to go before Spain's Semana Santa/Holy Week. If you're not fortunate enough to GO to Spain and see these beautiful processions for yourself you can at least watch many of them ONLINE via the internet broadcast of a number of Spanish TV stations. (personally, I can't believe I'M not going this year - first time in many many years)

In particular, Canal Sur TV out of Seville will be your best chance to see Seville processions and activities. I'm certain they'll show other, regional processions as well. The quality of this lower-band internet transmission is only fair and uses the Real Player.

Another NEWLY ADDED TV station from Andalucia is Onda Jerez. This is for BROADBAND users (228k-250k via Windows Media Player) and is my new, favorite TV station on the internet because of its location AND smoothness of transmission. It's definitely the best-quality-transmission TV station from Spain on the internet.

BOTH OF THESE Andalucía-based TV stations, as well as a number of other Spanish TV stations, can be watched DIRECTLY via the MadridMan\'s Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page .

Enjoy! I know *I* will! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69071 - 03/12/05 11:16 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
meencantaespana Offline

Hi, I'll be in Cadiz for 2 weeks from the 24 thru april 8...what goes on? i dont undersand all of this

#69072 - 03/14/05 06:37 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

meencantaespana, you'll likely find that searchable information in the "Favorite Places" or "About Spain" forum for information about the rituals of this holiday.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69073 - 03/20/05 10:57 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

RIGHT NOW on the Onda Jerez station they're showing Holy Week processions from last year. JUST BEAUTIFULLY produced with inspirational background music as they show the processions. Wow. It makes me "misty-eyed" just watching and wishing I was there. Can't believe I missed it all this year. Very disappointing. frown But at the very least I/we can watch some of it online via these few Spanish TV stations which broadcast on the internet. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#69074 - 03/20/05 12:26 PM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Many thanks, MadridMan, for the tip! I will certainly tune in to see some of the activities. I also planned to tune in to the Easter Mass at the Catedral de Santiago via the Webcams you have in your site. Bless you for all the lovely opportunities you provide us to be near while far away.

Carmen

#69075 - 03/20/05 08:16 PM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wonderful. JUST Wonderful. I just finished watching the multi-hour processions of the "Domingo de Ramos" in Jerez. They finished at 2:10 a.m. eek local time. Wow. So impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing these every night. It really is the next best thing to being there. I think there was ONE short commercial every 30 minutes or so but that was it!

I'm SO thrilled to be able to watch this via internet. TVEi isn't showing much yet but I didn't watch any until this evening. I may have to wait until "Jueves Santo". We'll see.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69076 - 03/21/05 07:38 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I thought one of those Processions was from Huelva: It seemed that the TV coverage skipped back and forth between the la Dolorosa and la Virgen de la Paz. I watched the one of la Virgen de la Paz last evening until it ended around 20:15 EST. I especially enjoyed the Cantaores singing prayers to la Virgen along the way and then as the float was stopped outside the Church

I'm looking forward to Thursday (from Sevilla) in which the Procession I want to see leaves el Portal de la Macarena around midnight Thursday and winds its way thru the City, returning to the Basilica de la Macarena around noon on viernes santo. cool

Another one to see Friday is from Cordoba, in which the people carrying the Float (Nazarenos??) have to go up the steps and enter the Church de rodillas so the Float can pass under the lintel of the Portal. eek

And then there's la Procesion del Silencio in Madrid Friday evening.

#69077 - 03/22/05 05:33 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I missed it last night but right now, this morning, they're re-running last night's (Monday's) procession in Jerez. Seems to have rained part or all of the night and they say they expect the same for tonight (Tuesday). I should be home to watch most of tonight's procession. Can't wait. It's so pretty.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69078 - 03/24/05 05:25 PM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

RIGHT NOW they're showing the procession of the Jueves Santo in JEREZ. It's LIVE!!

Surprisingly, the CanalSur TV station from Sevilla is NOT showing any processions at the moment. eek What a shock!

And the live cam of Málaga City continues to show LIVE CAM images (every 15 seconds) of the procession there - http://www.ayto-malaga.es/webcamapplet2.html

Absolutely NO Jueves Santo processions are being shown on TVEi. That's a shocker too! What a disappointment!

The Onda Jerez TV is REALLY where the live TV coverage is on the internet. That broadband connection is GREAT! Very smooth and with all the music of the processions. I LOVE IT!

#69079 - 03/24/05 06:23 PM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

NOW CanalSur TV from Sevilla is showing their live processions. RIGHT NOW they're on "La Macarena" procession. View the TV links on the Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Music page .

#69080 - 03/25/05 09:14 PM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Processions being shown NOW on both the Málaga City webcam AND on Onda Jerez television.

#69081 - 03/26/05 08:35 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The Onda Jerez TV broadcast is unfortunately DOWN right now. frown How very very sad. But you can listen through their Onda Jerez radio station. Now, someone is singing a beautiful saeta.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69082 - 03/26/05 08:54 AM Re: Semana Santa Spain TV! Watch it LIVE via internet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The Onda Jerez TV station is working again! Now, they're showing the processions from last night which lasted until (at least) 3:30am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments