Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6901 - 04/24/04 10:51 AM Hotels in San Sabastian
Oona Offline

Loc: St. Louis
I am going to be in San Sabastian in October and need information on hotels.

#6902 - 04/24/04 01:23 PM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
Kenny Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
Hi I can fully recommend the Hotel Zaragoza in San Sebastian I could not believe the standard of this hotel its only a one star hotel but it could easily pass for a three star, great hotel 5 min walk to the front.

#6903 - 04/24/04 05:02 PM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Oona!
You'll LOVE "San Se" in October! What a beautiful city. I spent several nights there during Semana Santa 2003 in Pensión Donostiarra and we were pleased with it. It's not in "La Parte Vieja" (the old quarter) but is still well located.

What are your requirements? Do you strictly want a hotel or will you also consider hostels and pensions? Are you considering luxury hotels? If so, there are plenty of these in San Sebastián-Donostia. Do you want to be in the Old Quarter, on the beach, room with private/shared bathroom?

Let us know and we'll narrow down our suggestions. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6904 - 04/24/04 07:25 PM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
I would consult www.bancotel.com especialy in October. We stayed at the Maria Christina for 3 checks in March.

#6905 - 04/26/04 08:05 AM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I *highly* recommend the Hotel Niza. Located right on the promenade in front of the beach. Clean, well-appointed rooms that in the summer of 2003 only cost about 90 euros a night. We loved our stay there. They have a website at www.hotelniza.com We had no trouble making and later confirming our reservations via email.

#6906 - 04/27/04 12:25 AM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
hi liz49, could you give a more thorough description/review of the rooms at the Hotel Niza, I am looking for rooms in July and came across their website just last night, your review would be helpful.
And anyone else out there, if you have a suggestion for the heart of the old town, a hotel with character, impeccably clean and friendly, and an elevator, we are taking our baby and in-laws and a lift is a must.

thanks, laduque

#6907 - 04/27/04 07:58 AM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Laduque,

Let me try to give a more thorough description of the Hotel Niza. For starters, there is an elevator; it's old and poky, but entirely functional! The rooms were impeccably clean--as a I remember they had bare, hardwood floors. Beds were comfortable with nice, clean linens. The bathroom was quite nice--new fixtures, lots of room. We had a room with a view of the bay--a big picture-window-like door opened on to a small balcony.

The hotel has a nice bar-lounge area where they serve breakfast each morning. We didn't eat there--preferred walking into the old town to get coffee and a croissant, but it seemed quite pleasant--looks out on to the bay as well.

The reception area of the hotel is well-appointed--roomy, comfortable chairs, etc.

All in all, we found the hotel to be quite charming and an excellent value for the money.

Let me know if there are any other questions I could answer--and have a great time in San Sebastian--we loved it!

#6908 - 05/01/04 12:02 AM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Liz49, thank you for the review, I'm going to make reservations online.
This is why, all these years, I love this board!
The imput from fellow members makes planning so much easier.

Thanks.

#6909 - 05/13/04 11:34 AM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
hola, we´re in san sebastian right now. staying at pension kaia ( www.pensionkaia.com ). it´s right smack in the middle of parte viaje (old city), very clean. 42 euros for my husband and i in a room with bathroom attached, TV and heater. (it may be spring but it doesn´t feel like it so that heater is god-sent.)

#6910 - 05/16/04 09:05 PM Re: Hotels in San Sabastian
Steve Gorten Offline

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Is Londres a better hotel or Monte Igueldo (location, views, rooms, etc. included)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments