Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68996 - 02/04/05 03:50 PM Qué! - a new free Spanish daily newspaper
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I thought you might be interested in a new Spanish daily newspaper which has become available in major Spanish cities, It is called Qué! and has a different edition for each of the cities in which it is sold. You an read it on line or download and print a .pdf version. The web page is: Qué!

From the main web page, you can click on the Spanish map to select the edition of your choice. Having done this, the relevant .pdf version is on the left of the web page.

MM - you might want to add it to your newpapers page of links.
Robbieroy

#68997 - 02/05/05 08:54 AM Re: Qué! - a new free Spanish daily newspaper
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Qué! (why is it called "Qué!" - with ONE excalamation point at the END and NOT an excalamation point at BOTH ENDS as in "¡Qué!"??? confused Isn't the latter more correct??) looks pretty good!! The HTML version seems to contain nother more than BLOGS. But the *.pdf editions seem to be the complete paper, all color photos, complete articles, etcetera. THAT looks good but the download can take awhile as the Madrid Edition alone is, like, 32 pages and that can be a sizeable and slow file download.

So to get to the *.pdf print edition, once you go to http://www.quediario.com/ and choose your city of prerence, scroll down and look to the lefthand side for the graphic of the front page of Qué! and click where it says, "Edición Impresa en PDF".

I've got to say that THIS seems to be one of those situations where since the production of such a paper, to be available in full-color and online and in *.PDF format, they're likely going to attempt to get you "hooked" into reading it everyday and then BOOM! they'll start charging for it. So read it now while it's still free!

How much do they charge for the paper edition? I can't find a price on the *.PDF version.

Anyway, I've added it to Spain & Madrid News page.

Thanks for the tip, robbieroy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68998 - 02/05/05 10:19 AM Re: Qué! - a new free Spanish daily newspaper
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
You give some good comments on this new newpaper MM. The paper is distributed FREE (like Metro in the UK and I am sure that you have similar freebees in the States).
I look at at my original posting again and I see where the confusion about the price came from:- in the subject line I put that it was free, but it them message text I said that it was sold.

Anyway, on my next visit to Spain I look forward to getting my hands on a real print version. I quite like the look and feel of this newspaper.

Robbieroy

#68999 - 02/05/05 03:04 PM Re: Qué! - a new free Spanish daily newspaper
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
The only one which is correct is "¡Qué!". "Qué!" is not correct, it is an adoption from english. But in a brand, it doesn't have much importance. Telefónica in its logo removed the accent in order to have a "more international" logo.

Fernando

#69000 - 02/05/05 06:43 PM Re: Qué! - a new free Spanish daily newspaper
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I've looked at two or three this week and thought they were pretty good. Better, in my opinion, than 20 Minutos and Metro. It's not a serious substitute for a real paper, but it's 20-25 pages of news that covers all sorts of things from all over the world. It's quite complete, in fact, and just fun. Tons of oddball news, stats and curiosities that I love to read about.

Come to think of it, I read a read blurb the other day which I thought was hysterical because the way it was written, it could have been taken two ways:

COMIDA DE TIBURÓN
Los niños que acudan a Aquarium Finisterrae en La Coruña podrán alimentar a los tiburones. eek

Can you imagine the kids at the aquarium:
"Hey mister, where's the bucket of fish?" wink

Yes, so far, Qué! has got my approval.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 792 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments