Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68977 - 01/28/05 08:22 AM Spanish Music....help!
Robert_in_GB Offline

Loc: Hatch End, GB
I have always liked some Spanish music and recently heard some when I was in a shopin the UK; I was told by the girl on the counter it was Spanish music by 'Yohannis'. I cannot speak Spanish so I could have spelt this incorrectly (Johannis?). I would like to get hold of some of this music but cannot find any information about this musician. The music included spanish guitar, voice and other backing instruments. I would also be intersted in any suggestions of similar interesting spanish music (not classical) and if there is a web site where I can purchase it. Please can anyone help - thanks?
Robert (GB)

#68978 - 01/28/05 09:42 AM Re: Spanish Music....help!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Perhaps you are talking about "Juanes"?

#68979 - 01/28/05 11:42 AM Re: Spanish Music....help!
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
If you want some non-classical Spanish music, I'd suggest David Bisbal or Nek smile

#68980 - 01/30/05 08:34 PM Re: Spanish Music....help!
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I agree with the previous posters' recommendations of Juanes & David Bisbal, both of whom are two of my favorites. I also love the group La Oreja de Van Gogh (Van Gogh's Ear). They remind me a little bit of ABBA and have a fantastic CD which they recently recorded live while on a concert tour. My other favorites include Cristian Castro (who I think sings beautifully), Chayanne, Shalim, Tizziano Ferro who happens to be Italian) & Aljandro Sanz. There are also some wonderful lady singers as well as a number of marvelous rock groups who record and perform in Spanish.

#68981 - 01/31/05 05:40 AM Re: Spanish Music....help!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If it is Juanes, he's from Colombia and his official website is http://www.juanes.net/ . From his site:
Quote:
The second show of the Colombian artist is scheduled for February 27th. With tickets for the “Mi Sangre” tour sold out in Spain, shows have also been added in the Iberian Peninsula.
I own his world-popular "Un Día Normal" CD from 2003 and like it a lot.

February 9: MADRID - SOLD OUT
February 10: Zaragoza
February 11: Barcelona
February 12: Santa Cruz de Tenerife

WOO HOO!!!! March 20: COLUMBUS, OHIO at the Ohio Theatre!! I'M THERE!!! (if I can get tickets rolleyes - hopefully I'll be able to find someone to accompany but it's not likely. Hmph. rolleyes )

So technically, his music isn't "Spain Related Media" apart from his upcoming tour dates in Spain. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68982 - 01/31/05 01:12 PM Re: Spanish Music....help!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Woo Hoo! I'm the proud owner of ONE ticket to the March 20th, Columbus, Ohio JUANES concert. But AFTER buying it and seeing the ticket I realized it's on a Sunday night! eek Sounds perfect but... there's a decent chance I'll be leaving for my Semana Santa trip to Madrid on Friday, March 18th or Saturday the 19th and might actually miss the concert. mad Ugh. $37 (mid-price overall but best available) might be going down the drain. rolleyes Ugh. Well, at least if I don't go I'll have a cool concert to attend here in Columbus.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68983 - 01/31/05 09:01 PM Re: Spanish Music....help!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
If you like ska music at all, check out Ska-P. It's a really great Spanish ska band. My 16 yr old son is crazy about them--and I think they're really good too.

#68984 - 01/31/05 09:04 PM Re: Spanish Music....help!
el viajero Offline

Juanes is an amazing performer. In addition to the album mentioned above, I recommend his more recent disc "Mi sangre."

#68985 - 02/07/05 12:17 AM Re: Spanish Music....help!
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Not to be outdone by MM, I just printed my ticket for Juanes' March 3 concert at Madison Square Garden.

#68986 - 02/07/05 03:45 PM Re: Spanish Music....help!
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
how bout Camaron? Antologia Inedita is a classic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments