Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6870 - 04/15/04 09:44 PM Lodgings (Barcelona/Granada)
shakila Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur
Dear Members,

I hope someone out there can help me in my queries.

1) As I'm travelling on a budget, would like to know a cheap and clean place to stay in Barcelona/ Granada for 2 adults and 2 kids ( below 12).

2) The best way to travel from Barcelona to Granada?

Thanks in advance.

#6871 - 04/16/04 12:25 AM Re: Lodgings (Barcelona/Granada)
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
hello, fellow KL-ite!

am not sure when you're travelling as lodgings are seasonal when it comes to pricing.

my husband and i will be staying at pension dali ( www.pensiondali.com - 48 euros incl. taxes) and hostal central barcelona ( www.hostalcentralbarcelona.com - 54 euros). it's our first time in spain so we hope they're nice lodging choices!

as for travelling from barcelona to granada, unless you have time, i'd advise you to take the plane. we're flying granada to barcelona with iberia air for 32.56 euros. ( www.iberia.com ) fyi, spanair doesn't have granada as part of its routes.

#6872 - 04/19/04 07:25 AM Re: Lodgings (Barcelona/Granada)
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I would second the suggestion to fly from Barcelona to Granada. Otherwise, you lose a very long day to travel by bus or train. We did this last summer and were able to get good fares on Iberia. They have a very helpful website.

#6873 - 04/21/04 07:36 PM Re: Lodgings (Barcelona/Granada)
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
I travelled around Spain last August and stayed at Hostal Meridiano in Granada (you can search this site to get their website). I don't have enough positive things to say about it: Inexpensive, clean, hospitable, great location...

As for going from Barcelona to Granada, I would recommend taking a sleeper train for at least part of your trip (check the schedules). It is less expensive than flying (if this is an issue) and you can see some beautiful scenery in Southern Spain.

#6874 - 04/22/04 08:36 PM Re: Lodgings (Barcelona/Granada)
shakila Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur
Hi Again,

Thank you so much for the information. I find it all very informative and useful.

Thanks again.

Shakila

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments