Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68735 - 08/15/04 04:55 PM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
toni lionni ( rolleyes ) wrote:
Quote:
OH AND BY THE WAY MINCY MENCY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SET YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE TO A BUSINESS WEBSITE::::::IT¨S AGAINST MADRIDMAN REGULATIONS:
No. That's not true. You can have any non-"Adult", non-"Hate" URL in your profile you want. Same goes for your signature file. You just can't advertise or self-promote in the body of your messages.

Is anyone feeling unusually tired? Ugh. rolleyes

But back to the topic, I rather like a lot of Spanish TV, as evidence in my other long thread about TVEi. It may not be the best in the world but we shouldn't really compare it with others other than other TV stations within Spain. That's like saying one country is better than another. Why does anyone feel the need to be "better" than another?? Why perpetuate a class-society structure? That only leads to problems.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." - some guy

"When in Spain, watch Spanish TV!" - some guy NOT living in Madrid rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68736 - 08/15/04 05:04 PM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok madridman all the way from amerika tell me 3 programmes on spanish tv to watch tonite.
thanks and...........

#68737 - 08/15/04 05:47 PM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Seems to me that with all the criticisms regarding Spaniards, Spanish TV and "amerika"...Id say Tonylionni is the racist! If it looks like s&%*...smells like s#*!, then it must be s#%!

Sorry MM, you know me...I couldn't hold it back. wink

#68738 - 08/17/04 04:36 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Sounds like Tony might feel more comfortable in another country. . . or on another planet?

#68739 - 08/18/04 12:07 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Spaniard Offline

Loc: Valencia
...in another planet, of course.

The funny thing to me is that he admitted that he moved to Spain because he neither likes the UK.

Don't give up, Tony, you still have about 200 countries to try. Good luck!

PD: Yes, most of spanish TV is terrible.

#68740 - 08/18/04 02:00 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is, but i have seen British TV and it's no better.

I even saw cable TV in the USA and I couldn't find anything good among 50 or so channels wether in Chicago or Miami, and 100 in NY. Alien sports, uninteresting interviews, lots of publicity, talk shows, super old films, ..., Geez!

#68741 - 08/18/04 03:17 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
Talking of TV, how easy is it to pick up BBC stations in Spain? I suppose it would depend on what the local cable company would offer or would I need to get a satelite dish? I'm hoping to 'winter' in Spain at least part of next year!

#68742 - 08/18/04 04:00 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be true, I couldn't tell. I only saw TV in English within Spain when I was studying at International House. I have had different cable TVs at home for short periods but I barely used it and I don't think they offered BBc but I am not certain beacause they offered some chains from Italy, Luxembourg, France, ..., so, why not BBC? Maybe.

Sorry, not to have been of more help.

#68743 - 08/18/04 05:22 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Shiquilla Offline

Loc: Madrid
I agree, TV is not good, but not here, everywhere!!!!
As a matter of fact I had live without TV for over 3 years, and I planning to keep it that way. What I don’t understand is that you keep watching it. Go out, enjoy Madrid!!!! Man, I don’t think you will find many cities around the world with so much life 24/7, take advantage of the opportunity you have!!!!!. Moreover, with “las fiestas de la Paloma” having place on town. You missed a good day to be out!!!!
By the way, are you having an awful day or it’s your way to live?

#68744 - 08/18/04 08:19 AM Re: Spanish Tv is terrible
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
Thanks Ignacio for your help.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments