MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68650 - 08/08/04 02:01 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Booklady, are you asking about the Galicia or Cantabria program? I did not tape the Galicia program but did get part of the one on Cantabria.

The on-TV-guide says there's another called "Desde Galicia": 1.5 hours, "Una revista que se enfoca en la actualidad de Galicia" at 4:20pm today which I'll TRY to record but, as I've mentioned above, the on-TV-schedule and the ACTUAL schedule DO NOT seem to coincide MOST of the time. rolleyes But let's see. I'll try to record it since I'll likely have the TV tuned to TVEi all day while working at the computer.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68651 - 08/11/04 05:33 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

(Booklady! I've sent you a PM! regarding this topic)

I'm sure most of you are sick of hearing about this topic by now... sorry about that.

This half-hour is a very nicely produced program on the Natural Parks of Andalucía, the flora and fauna within, as well as the villages in the region. VERY nice. Can't get enough of this channnel.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68652 - 08/11/04 09:54 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thanks, MM, yes I got your message and responded!

Saludos,
Carmen

#68653 - 08/12/04 07:13 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
The best thing on TVEi for me is the series Cuéntame como Pasó. It follows a fictional Madrid family, los Alcántara, through the decade leading up to the transition to democracy (ie '65 - '75, or thereabouts). My wife assures me that all the period detail is right on the nail!

And then there's Ana y los Siete ..!! wink

#68654 - 08/12/04 08:23 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan,

I've found your post about 'Cine de Barrio' very amusing, couldn't help it laugh . The movie you saw seems to be one of the many made in the 60s and early 70s about 'los "Rodríguez"'.
What we coloquially call Rodríguez are those men that have to work in the cities (specially in Madrid) during the summer, or at least part of it, while the wifey and kids are spending sometime somewhere by the seaside, or even in their families' hometowns/villages (en el pueblo). Some weekends the Rodríguez would join them, but most evenings during the week they would go out for dinner....three main reasons for that: they couldn't/can't cook at all, lack of air conditioning at home (imagine the 60s!), a drink (or more) after dinner was/is thought to be a good oportunity to hook up! (or at least for playing the sport of "women watching").

I believe some men have led or lead that "summer-lifestyle" in the US as well, since that's what the movie The Seven Year Itch portrays more or less (in a more classy way, he, he!)....

The thing is, now year after year the amount of FEMALE Rodríguezs grows and grows.... eek smile

I just checked TVEInternacional's 'programación' and find funny that there's a program called 'Por la Mañana' that they show at 19:00hrs... rolleyes

#68655 - 08/14/04 12:35 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pim, I told my ladyfriend in Madrid about that movie I'd mentioned above and she laughed out loud. She wasn't familiar with the movie itself but I told her about it, the year it was filmed, and that the director's name "Mariano Ozores". She laughed because she said this director is just terrible and his name is used as a joke in Spain, kind of synonymous with "bad Spanish movies".

Also, what is it with Lip Sync-ing in Spain? I'm watching a program with a live audience who are watching performances by top POP stars/groups on the stage, "singing" their popular Spanish songs. BUT NOT A SINGLE SINGER/GROUP SINGS "LIVE" but lip syncs (i.e. moves their lips and pretends to sing) to their studio recorded songs. This REALLY bothers me. I feel cheated when I see this. I've YET to see a real, LIVE performance. Is THIS what the people REALLY want? THAT'S NOT A PERFORMANCE! That's wiggling your hips, moving your lips to the words, and pretending to play your guitar when your guitar isn't even plugged in to the amplifier!!

Don't people want to HEAR their favorite singers sing LIVE and their favorite bands to play LIVE?? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

#68656 - 08/14/04 03:19 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I have to agree with you on two counts MM -
1. TVEi is a great channel, with great variety of programming.
2. The lip sync-ing in the live shows is terrible. Even some of the older films, it leaves a lot to be desired. I have just been watching Cine del Barrio which was showing La revoltosa. It was filmed in Madrid and although some of the shots of the city were great, it was spoiled by the lead lady failing to sync with a WHOLE LINE OF A SONG whilst singing a duet in the Plaza Mayor.

Some of the best live singing efforts to date have been in the heats of Eurojunior, shown recently on TVE - I watched the shows whilst I was on holiday in Sain - these Spanish kids really like performing in front of a camera!

El Boqueron - Cuéntame como Pasó is one of my favourite shows. TVEi is showing re-runs of the last two series for the moment, with a new series to start in the autumn. As you will know, it is a huge success in Spain. If you have not yet done so, check out the website for the series at http://www.cuentamecomopaso.net/ - it is worth a look, with some great old music to listen to.

Saludos
Robbieroy

#68657 - 08/16/04 07:43 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
El Boqueron Offline

Hi Robbie, Well, I'm amazed - another Cuéntame fan in the UK !! I always assumed I was the only one! I love the music too. I can't stop singing the theme tune, "Cuéntame .. cómo ha sido, si has conocido la felicidad" etc.

Shows without Lipsync ("playback")? Try Eurojunior! wink wink

#68658 - 08/16/04 08:13 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

robbieroy, et.al., all this week TVEi is showing segments spotlighting the different towns along El Camino de Santiago. These are SO interesting! I LOVE THEM! Yesterday covered Zamora - the "homeland" of our beloved message board member Antonio! (I believe he's on vacation there now!)

This morning, as I was ironing my shirt/pants for the day at 5:00 a.m. eek they had a 30 minute "concert" of flamenco guitar. This is/was particularly interesting to me as I'm now on my 6th guitar lesson. So anyway, I set the VCR for RECORD to get that program and hopefully I'll also get today's spotlight on Galicia and El Camino. Can't wait to watch it.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68659 - 08/17/04 07:06 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
El Boqueron Offline

Hey MM - Are you learning specifically flamenco guitar or classical "Spanish" guitar? I took up flamenco guitar last year but I can't find a teacher locally, so it's been hard going. frown

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments