Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6852 - 04/13/04 10:01 AM Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
kmullen Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
I'm going to be in Madrid for Saturday, May 15th and need to find a place to stay. I'm a grad student, so money is definitley restricted. I'd like to find someplace that's social, kind of like the Kabul in Barcelona. I'll be heading back through Madrid for a couple of days later in the summer, but wanted to get my trip off on the right foot. I've heard mixed things about the Barbieri Hostel, but it seems to fit the bill for cheap and convenient. Thanks for any help you can offer.

#6853 - 04/14/04 09:15 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
rafaelofjax Offline

Loc: florida
The Hostal Barrera near Atocha has a single for 35 euros a day. I believe ethey have a website

Hostal Barrera

#6854 - 04/14/04 10:33 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
You might try Hostal Chelo. I believe that they might have one room with a shared bathroom that would be very inexpensive. I have stayed there twice in rooms with baths and found it to be very pleasant.

#6855 - 04/15/04 01:12 AM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
My old hostal (before a slight increase in my own affluence and my discovery of the Adriano) was Hostal Villar on c/Principe 8. Slightly antiquated, but very clean and run by a very friendly family. They have singles with bath in the hall for 23 Euros/night. Very central location.

#6856 - 04/16/04 12:11 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
RedRedWine Offline

Loc: Wilmington, NC
I'm not sure if you've found a place in Madrid yet for May 15th. If you haven't, you might want to check soon. There's a festival in Madrid that week and most places are requiring a minimum of 2 nights stay. We ended up having to rearrange our whole itenary in order to be able to get a room in Madrid for the end of our trip and flight out of Madrid.

#6857 - 04/17/04 05:02 AM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
egybela Offline

Try Hostal Tokio. I was there, it has very friendly and helpful staff, clean and kindly rooms. :o )
In the centre of Madrid, but it has quite surroundings. Very cheap hostal.
(Single is 25euro, Double is 34 euro)
And Jorge is speaks English.
I wish you a nice time in Spain!

#6858 - 04/18/04 11:21 AM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
homelessdophin Offline

Loc: usa
just a note...you said you heard mixed reviews about barbieri hostel but i stayed there before and it fit all my needs so i would give it a recommendation... the rooms aren't huge but the people i met there were great and they had a kitchen and living room..it's not a party hostel but it is cheap and has a good location... it depends what kind of a trip you are on but it is clean and def suitable for people on a budget who want to meet other travelers.. did you book anywhere yet?

#6859 - 04/19/04 04:39 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
kmullen Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Still haven't made my reservation, but am planning on doing it tomorrow. Might have somebody there with me, so I might have to find a double room.

Has anybody stayed at the Hotal Villar? A couple of friends are staying there in late May and said it sounded cheap and had a good location.

Thanks for all the help!

#6860 - 04/19/04 09:50 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hostal Chelo, www.chelo.com is about €40 a night for two, less for one. I have stayed there several times and it is very clean and dependable. I stay there not just because it is a good value, but because they are so nice. I also like its location and the nearby food options. Two of my non-Spanish speaking friends are staying there this weekend. Antonio, the son of the owners, has help countless people from this website with his good advise and information.

#6861 - 04/21/04 01:24 PM Re: Madrid: Inexpensive hostel?
Grima Offline

Loc: Ohio
I stayed at Hostal Alonso, 28 euros/day for 2 people. Shared bathroom but very clean. 100 meters from Sol.

Hostal Alonso
C. Espoz y Mina 17
Tel. 31 56 79; kein Fax

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments