Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68565 - 05/11/04 07:44 PM Hola magazines in USA?
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Hola!

I was wondering if anyone knows of stores in Connecticut or New York CIty that might carry Hola and other magazines such as lecturas, semana, etc? I've made several phone calls and no luck at present!

Thanks
Debbie
CT

#68566 - 05/12/04 10:29 AM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Debbie:

Borders Books and Music carriers Semana and Hola magazines here in Chicago, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't in the multicultural metropolis that is NYC. You may also want to try ethnic grocery stores. Here in Chicago, when Borders doesn't have Hola, I go to an Argentine grocery that carries it as well. Good luck!

#68567 - 05/13/04 03:33 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
granada94 Offline

Thanks for your advice but unfortunately, I had no luck with Borders either. Believe it or not they laughed at me when I called. They suggested Yale University's bookstore near my home but they returned me to Borders. I'm still looking. Afterall, the wedding of Prince Felipe is just around the corner. I might have to journey into New York and hope that I have success.

Thanks again!
Debbie

#68568 - 05/13/04 03:45 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
If you have no luck and really need your fix, let me know. I work at Hola and can send you a copy of the lavish issue with all the wedding pictures and gossip if you give me your address and so on.

#68569 - 05/13/04 04:37 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I can also send you a copy if you wish. Sorry and how rude of Borders to laugh! I have stacks and stacks of Semana!

#68570 - 05/13/04 08:25 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I don't know how much of the content is the same at http://www.hellomagazine.com/ but you might have some luck there too.

#68571 - 05/13/04 08:53 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
If you want a weekly fix, you can subscribe to Hola! by calling 800 446 2989. The address is: Hello US, Inc., 2655 Le Jeune Rd., Coral Gables, FL 33134. The price is $188.00 per year, and the copies are often delayed--they say that is due to the magazines being flown into the US and being inspected on arrival. There is a four week delay for a new subscription, so you are probably too late for all the wedding blab. It is always fun to kick back and enjoy a new mag, and it helps to keep up on my Espanol.

#68572 - 05/15/04 11:14 PM Re: Hola magazines in USA?
granada94 Offline

Barry and Silvita!

I would love to make arrangements to obtain Hola and Semana with the two of you! I have no problem with payment either. I've always been a huge fan of the Prince and the Spanish Royal Family. Hey...I even gave some serious thought about traveling to Spain when the engagement was announced. The excitement is building with each passing day. Tonight, there was a wonderful program on Univision about the upcoming nuptials.I just can't wait.

Thanks again for all the support and advice!

Feel free to email me directly!

Debbie

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments