Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68560 - 05/10/04 07:02 PM Movie: Eres Mi Heroe
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I have to recommend this film. If it comes via a film festival to your town, don't miss it!

It's the story of Ramón, a 12 year-old growing up in the sixties. His father is always being relocated due to his job and that year, he's forced to move to Seville with his family. Upon arrival, he becomes the target of a trio of bullies. That's all I'll tell you, but results are hilarious. The opening scene is the family driving cross-country, singing to Eres Tu by Mocedades, which to me is the ultimate Spain song.

Hope you all see it!

#68561 - 05/10/04 11:01 PM Re: Movie: Eres Mi Heroe
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Although I haven't seen the film, there is one question I must ask: you say the film takes place in the 60s...yet, Mocedades didn't record "Eres tú" until 1973 (I was living in Spain at the time and saw them place in second place in the Euro music contest). Could it have been the 70s? or a cinematographic error?

Sheryl

#68562 - 05/11/04 11:32 AM Re: Movie: Eres Mi Heroe
Silvita Offline

Sorry, the movie takes place in the seventies. My error, not the movie's. Actually, then the movie takes place in 1973 because Mocedades and their new album is a recurring theme in the movie.

#68563 - 05/11/04 11:48 AM Re: Movie: Eres Mi Heroe
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
No apologies needed. It just happens that I was, as I say, in Spain at the time and, perhaps, I'm testing (or retesting) my memory.

Who wrote, directed and stars in the film?

Sheryl

#68564 - 05/11/04 02:24 PM Re: Movie: Eres Mi Heroe
Silvita Offline

Actually, the child actors are all local kids for whom this was their first movie. With the exception of Antonio Dechent (from Vengo and Carmen), I didn't know much about the adult actors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346947/

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments