Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68410 - 02/19/04 05:36 AM Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A few days ago I was searching for new Live Cams in Spain to add to Spain WebCams by MadridMan and was SO happy to find Ría de Vigo webcam which points WEST.

The city of Vigo and the Ría de Vigo (Inlet of Vigo) is located on the Atlantic Coast of Spain just barely above Portugal.

It's a BEAUTIFUL, WIDE VIEW of the ría from side to side. You look down one side over red terra cota roofs to the water where there's a small marina and a WIDE span of "flotaras" (¿?) or floating barges where mussels and other shellfish attach themselves and are later harvested.

Yesterday I was peeking in at the live cam throughout the morning and at around 1pm or so (Eastern USA time) I witnessed the most beautiful sunset over the water, orange and yellow colors reflecting off the water and illuminating the sky. JUST BEAUTIFUL. Please check it out when you have time. By 2pm the sun was totally gone and the auto-focus function of the camera goes blurry and you can't see anything more until sunrise. Today (Thursday) is another clear day on the Galician coast so we should have another nice sunset. Let's watch!

While my judgement tells me otherwise, I'm pasting the live photo in this thread. Let's see if it takes.... Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan (I MISS Galicia!!!!!)

[img]http://80.25.35.36/cgi-bin/jpg/image.cgi?[/img]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68411 - 02/19/04 10:20 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Only 2-3 hours left before sunset over the Ría de Vigo! Looks like it should be another nice one.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68412 - 02/19/04 12:12 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Ooooh.. Ahhhh.... (must be a slow "news day" here on the ol' message board)

#68413 - 02/19/04 08:24 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Mil Gracias, MadridMan. I love the cam in Santiago, and now we have one in Vigo, is there one from the old Roman Faro in La Coruña?
frown I too miss Galicia.

#68414 - 02/19/04 09:30 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I agree, Madridman...My family is right across the Ría...I can just imagine where the webcam might be. Thanks for finding it and posting it!!
Esperanza smile

#68415 - 02/20/04 07:08 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Those dark squares you see are Mejilloneras in which Mejillones (Mussels) are cultivated. My wife's first cousin, who lives just south of there (near la Guardia) tells me: during WW II German U-Boats used to hide under them in the daytime and come out of the ria to attack British & American ships at night.

Esperanza, if we're looking west toward Cangas or Moanha the WebCam must be up on the new bridge, looking down. The railroad bridge is a little further inland. Is that your take?
P.S.
I don't remember that Puerto Deportivo (Marina). It might be new.

#68416 - 02/20/04 07:51 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Eddie, That is exactly what I was thinking!

#68417 - 02/20/04 08:20 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Is the city of Vigo on the NORTH side of the ría? Is that what we're seeing on the other side?

Eddie, thanks for the clarification of the name of those mejilloneras. How cool. You can see them here in the foreground looking like battleships but you can see even more in the distance on the OTHER side. I remember the first time I saw them they were so shocking to me. Then when I knew what they were they took on a whole new romantic appeal.

Each day for the past 2 days I choose which view I like best during that particular day, either daytime with the clear skies and bright orange terra cota roofs or the beautiful orange and red sunset bouncing off the water with only a few lights visible in the below neighborhood or on the boats in the marina. Quite nice. QUITE nice.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68418 - 02/20/04 11:47 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

THE SUNSET IS COMING!!! (are you all getting annoyed with this/me yet? wink ) Ahhh.. Galicia. Oh, how I loved it. So green, so scenic, ocean, hilly/mountainous, historic, GREAT seafood (Mmmmm... Pulpo.. Mmmm.. :p ), less touristy.. just the best of all worlds if you ask me.

#68419 - 02/20/04 01:21 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It was another nice sunset!!

#68420 - 02/20/04 06:47 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
No, MadridMan the City of Vigo (and the Port) are on the south side of the ria. That's why I said we were probably looking at Cangas or Moanha (on the north side). I caught a ferry from the Port of Vigo (in front of the Hotel Bahia Vigo, where we were staying on a weekend special) across to Moanha a few years ago. rolleyes

The rias are more like fjords: you've got the rias Bajas (like Vigo & Pontevedra) and the rias Altas, further north.

Thanks, Esperanza: I've been across that beautiful new bridge ( the only place you could get that panoramic view) and the Rail line bridge that has a lot more foreground stuff. cool

#68421 - 02/21/04 05:14 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

MM, here is a nice little area map from Galinor website.

#68422 - 02/21/04 05:37 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

it is SOOOOO cool to see you all chatting about my grandfather's birthplace...I do agree MadridMan ....Galica IS a gorgeous area!My family lives in Cangas de Morrazo, Aldán and Marín.

#68423 - 02/21/04 06:06 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Look at the map Booklady so kindly posted above. When we drove through this area, we stopped in Sanxenxo and then passed THROUGH Pontevedra and Vigo, not stopping because it was raining and we were on a time crunch, STILL returning to Madrid that night. So we drove through and stopped at Baiona for a coke on the patio of the 14th century fort/castle-turned Parador right on the water (GREAT live cam of this and the view of/from it HERE - NICE!) and then on to A Guarda (live cam HERE ) where we had a GREAT seafood lunch near the water's edge in a little, local (i.e. no tourists and no patios, only fisherman and their families) place that shockingly served us refrigerated Manchego cheese but we decided it was because few people in that area ever ordered it - since it's not a local cheese (should have ordered the tetilla rolleyes )

Then after A Guarda we went on to Tui for a walk and drove across the one-lane bridge into Portugal for the rest of the afternoon. Leaving there, we got home to Madrid at about midnight, driving nearly the entire way back through a rainstorm. Ugh.

Great trip. I'd LOVE to do it again someday. JUST BEAUTIFUL there in Galicia. JUST beautiful. Stone crosses and horreos everywhere as well as friendly people and delicious food and SEAFOOD. :p

Saludos, MadridMan

#68424 - 02/23/04 12:39 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Another great sunset, folks! And just enough thin clouds to make it worthy of your desktop. That's what *I* did and it still might get even better!! cool

#68425 - 02/29/04 12:32 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Hola MM,
The sun is setting beautifully today in the Ria de Vigo. I was up last night at 2:00 a.m. Eastern time and took a quick peek to see the sun rise, but it was still dark. Has anyone seen the sunrise? At about what time?

Thank you,
Carmen

#68426 - 02/29/04 02:58 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I MISSED IT AND I'M HOME!!! ARGH!! rolleyes It was a nice sunset today, eh? Oh, darn. Well, according to Weather.com's forecast for Vigo on Monday HERE , SUNRISE will be at 8:10am local time (or 2:10am east-coast USA time - YOU JUST MISSED IT!) and SUNSET will be at 7:25pm local time (1:25pm Eastern USA time).

I DON'T expect to be up so late tonight to see Vigo's sunrise. hehehe... Zzzzz... Zzzz.. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

#68427 - 03/07/04 03:05 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

I happened to be up early this morning, 5:30 easternt time, and I saw the beautiful scenery of the rooftops and Ría, it was 11:30 there. I must say MM, I am having so much fun with this thread just following up the views! Thank you. Carmen

#68428 - 03/17/04 01:30 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

It's 1:32p.m. Eastern time. Today there was the most beautiful sunset. Lord Bless the Spanish families today who mourn their dear ones.
Carmen

#68429 - 03/17/04 01:51 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOWEE! That was beautiful and I just saw the pink sky AFTER the sun went down. But nice! I'm sad I missed the best part. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#68430 - 03/18/04 10:14 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Here you have another webcam, it's situated in Madrid's Guadarrama mountains, 1900 mts (5700 ft)above sea level.

#68431 - 03/18/04 01:04 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Another beautiful sunset, like yesterday's!

#68432 - 03/26/04 02:09 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
The sunrises aren't too bad either laugh

#68433 - 03/29/04 03:11 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

About Galicia...
There is a reason why you are enjoying all these beautiful sunsets in Ria de Vigo:
Meteorologists in Galicia inform that this has been one of the dryest winters in Galicia's history.
Steady winds from the east and south-east have driven clouds and rain away from Galicia, making workers from the country worry about the harvests.
There is no worry about fresh water shortage at the moment, but it could go worse if it doesn't rain before summer.
Normally Galicia is hit in winter by heavy North-Atlantic storms from northwest, but this winter it has been exactly the opposite.

That's why you are enjoying beautiful sunsets. Let's hope you enjoy some rainy vistas for two months or so!

#68434 - 03/29/04 01:05 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOW! The sunset is AMAZING today!!

#68435 - 03/29/04 05:59 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Breathtaking today! Wish I could stay up to see tomorrow's sunrise. smile

#68436 - 03/29/04 09:59 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
vicki Offline

You just need to move to the west coast...makes it easier to stay up. If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to see a sunset frown , since right now it occurs in the middle of what are insane mornings at work. Oh well, maybe I´ll set my calendar for an appointment of sunset watching wink Yeah, I can label it "meeting prep" heh, heh

10:30 PST - nice cloudy day maybe they'll get the rain they need. You didn't miss much of a sunrise

#68437 - 03/31/04 07:34 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Just took a peek at the Vigo Rias Cam and it looks like the Gallegos are going to get some rain today! Overcast and what looks like rain to me. Still breathtaking! smile

#68438 - 04/10/04 01:57 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

What a lovely sunrise! finally stayed up late enough to see Galicia wake up! It looks like Galicia will have a wonderful Easter Weekend!
Felices Pascuas, Gallegos! smile

#68439 - 04/19/04 02:59 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
vicki Offline

Hey- I finally saw a sunset! It was so good I saved it so I can use it for my desktop laugh Ain't the internet great!

That was actually a few days ago. Today is a rainy, cloudy morning in Galica, even raindrops on the web cam.

#68440 - 04/19/04 09:05 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Good for you, Vicki! I love today, it really represents Galicia well. That romantic llovisna (sp?) is so beautiful or sad like in a Rosalia de Castro poem.

#68441 - 04/24/04 01:27 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
vicki Offline

If you like the gentle drizzle and terrain in Galicia, you should come out to Seattle or Vancouver, British Columbia sometime. It is very similar, which is probably why I like the pictures of Galicia. Haven't been to Galicia, yet, but I will go.

Do you happen to know when the least rainy time of year is in Galicia? I get plenty of drizzle here... :p Plus when I go, I want to do lots of outdoor activities.

...from the web cam it looks like I should be there today!

#68442 - 04/24/04 01:40 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Another spectacular morning, Vicki! It is lovely today I stayed up (1:36 a.m. E.T.) just to see it.

#68443 - 07/07/04 02:52 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It's shaping up to be another beautiful sunset with clouds!! smile Just love it, I do.

#68444 - 08/08/04 02:18 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We're within 1.5 hours of what could be a pretty sunset and there are just enough clouds for "flavor". Check it out!

#68445 - 08/09/04 04:04 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

A beautiful summer's evening at la Ria de Vigo!
What a lovely blue sky as night is falling!

#68446 - 09/19/04 02:33 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

This one's almost over but it was nice while it lasted.... Mmmmm....

#68447 - 09/20/04 02:05 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
pull up the web cam now - absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
http://80.25.35.36/view/view.shtml

#68448 - 09/20/04 02:29 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT SUNSET ALERT!!!

#68449 - 09/20/04 06:08 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the alert, MM!!!!!!

I am so sad that I cannot be there to see it in person, but, one day... rolleyes I finally convinced Bookman that it is a very good idea to live in Galicia during hurricane season!! laugh laugh

#68450 - 09/21/04 02:17 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Man...I thought I was the only one who "slow news-day'd-it" with the sunsets. The Fisterra cam on CRTVG is also great for sunsets, although earlier in the summer...it rotates 360º.

I just spent Saturday morning watching pilgrim's mass in the Compostela Cathedral on the CRTVG site. The broke out the botafumeiro and everything. Can't wait to go back in '05!!!

#68451 - 09/23/04 10:29 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Breathtaking sunset!

#68452 - 09/30/04 01:55 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sunset Alert!!

#68453 - 09/30/04 02:17 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Truly magnificent. Makes me wonder, would it be possible to be alerted other than by the omnipotent omnipresent MadridMan. (Thanks though, just managed to download the "moment supreme", if you pardon my French).

Jan

#68454 - 09/30/04 02:47 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

janb, you forgot omnivorous. wink :p

#68455 - 09/30/04 03:14 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Whatever you say MM. By the way, my plane for Malaga takes off in a few hours, so I will be offline for a little while. For the moment my last dabblings on the internet consisted of putting the downloaded picture in my internet photo album. Here is the link txt2txt.yournetalbum.com (without www!). If you can't resist to open the family reunion album Terwispel, go right ahead. I am in there somewhere but I won't tell you where.

#68456 - 10/02/04 03:47 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

What a lovely morning at the Rias. There is a haze in the horizon today, so you cannot see the uppermost left coast. Glad I was up this late to see this.

What a lovely gift you have given us, MM. Thank you,
Carmen

#68457 - 10/06/04 04:56 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Another beautiful morning. Everything is so bright and clear.

#68458 - 10/10/04 01:19 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOW!! The sky is on fire today on the Ria de Vigo!!! You've GOT to see this!

#68459 - 10/12/04 02:17 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wow. Did anyone else see that sunset display? I caught it by chance. First, the clouds over the water were brilliant, fiery orange and red. Then, a short time after sundown, those same clouds were blues and orange and pink. I saved a couple of them so I might post them here soon if I have time.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68460 - 10/15/04 01:26 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
This thread is a slow burner - it eventually creeps up on you. I look at it almost on a daily basis now. It seems to rain more in Galicia than here in the UK.

#68461 - 10/19/04 10:16 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Very stormy weather today. You can't see the far coast because of the rain and fog. It's about 4:16 p.m. over there.

#68462 - 10/27/04 01:34 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
I think it's raining tonight rolleyes

UPDATE, LATER THAT EVENING

..... just removed the picture as I had managed to post the actual changing webcam view which of course wont make any sense now rolleyes

When I looked earlier it was showing a large blob of rain on the lens and not a lot more ...

Soz.

#68463 - 10/28/04 07:53 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

only a very few clouds now - the soft whispy kind - anoother beautiful day in Spain! smile

#68464 - 10/28/04 09:10 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Storm clouds overhead! Looks like rain again on the Ría! I love this thread, I feel like I know this little corner of Spain. smile

#68465 - 10/28/04 01:01 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Am I alone in finding a storm-clouded sky to be beautiful?

Or is it just that I miss Spain so much - it's beautiful regardless?

#68466 - 10/28/04 09:04 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Puna, I also love the llovizna that falls on Santiago de Compostela. I grew up listening to my Galician grandmother's lament that Cuba has too much sunlight, she revelled in the rare evenings when we had llovizna, misty rain. It wasn't until I visited Santiago that I understood my grandmother's love for those grey skies. . . and yes they are beautiful too!
Carmen

#68467 - 10/29/04 11:32 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Booklady alert!!!!

Check the webcam now if you love the misty sky!!!!

#68468 - 10/30/04 05:24 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, Puna, but I missed it. But this morning I am up early and it looks like a blustery day at the Ria.

What I love about this thread is that we can see the effect of the changing seasons on the location. I love it.

Mil gracias MadridMan!

#68469 - 11/15/04 02:39 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

There's been some lovely sun-sets lately. Hope this thread never dies!

#68470 - 11/16/04 10:32 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Yeah, due to dry and cold northeastern winds the days are sunny and calm in Galicia and inner Spain(Madrid) but misty and humid in the north and northeast.

#68471 - 11/16/04 12:16 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Darn! I missed it again. Just can't get used to the earlier seasonal sundowns PLUS going BACK one hour for standard time. I always visit JUST after sundown when the photo begins to get out of focus due to low-light conditions. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#68472 - 11/18/04 11:43 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

A sunset worthy of a postcard, today! Simply beautiful!!! I could even see myself with a rod in my hand fishing! wink

#68473 - 11/18/04 12:00 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

DARNIT!! I missed it YET AGAIN!. rolleyes

#68474 - 11/19/04 10:40 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Too bad, it is grey and overcast today. Just a slight sliver of blue sky can be seen!

MadridMan, Hope you get to see the sunset!

#68475 - 11/19/04 11:02 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Booklady, I see what you see now. I do like the overcast days, however, but when you see streams of light down through the clouds. HOPEFULLY I'll see the underside of those clouds brilliantly illuminated at sunset in less than an hour. Hopefully I'll catch it this time.

Can you imagine having THAT view out your window everyday? Mmmmm.. Nice.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68476 - 11/19/04 11:57 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Now you see why I want to move there!!!

Not exactly that particular location, MM, but a little place where my people hail near O Pindo! Same type of view, though.
It's near Playa de Carnota en la CostaMegia:
Here is a nice view cam of the area:
http://www.costameiga.com/conocer/tour/360/carnota360.htm

Take a look.

#68477 - 11/20/04 11:50 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

MM, hope you did not miss today's sunset, it was stunning. A panoply of oranges, gold, and yellows!
It was another postcard opportunity!

#68478 - 12/05/04 10:07 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

It's still beautiful there!

#68479 - 01/12/05 09:17 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Great news posted by Bricamb - See the transportation page - Ryanair will be providing cheap flights to Santiago from Stansted in the UK.

#68480 - 02/12/05 02:55 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Another beautiful morning at the Ría! It is slightly overcast but the sun shines through the haze! Wish I were there!

#68481 - 02/12/05 11:05 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Does anyone else look at this live cam and imagine themselves sitting here on a ledge, rocky outcrop, or terrace looking out over this spectacular, wide view and almost smell the sea air, feel the sea breeze on your face, feeling totally at peace as if you could sit there forever - or at least until the next beautiful sunset? Hmmmmm.... (heavy sigh)

Saludos, MadridMan

#68482 - 02/12/05 11:37 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

I can visualize retiring to one of those little houses and looking out to the sea every morning as the sun rises and saying to myself how lucky I was just to be there! It's in my blood MadridMan, a Gallega always has to go back to that little corner.

My grandfather had a bottle of sand and seashells from the beach in his hometown in Galicia, which he took with him when he left, he always said that there was no place like Galicia, and looking at his sand always made him feel at home even though he was thousands of miles away.

That's how I feel when I look at the Ría de Vigo webcam... I'm home. smile

#68483 - 02/18/05 12:46 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Decent SUNSET happening NOW over the Ría de Vigo!!

#68484 - 02/24/05 01:02 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sunset Alert!!!

#68485 - 02/24/05 01:48 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Gorgeous!!!! and, from the colors - no snow!

#68486 - 02/25/05 12:12 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

This has potential of being a GOOD sunset! Just enough clouds which when the sun drops below them could paint some beautiful orange and red colors. Mmmm..... Looking forward to it. Can anyone smell that sea air in the wind?

#68487 - 03/08/05 01:12 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

SUNSET ALERT!!!

#68488 - 03/08/05 01:32 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Truly lovely! Look at those orange clouds!

#68489 - 03/08/05 02:13 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm not sure they're using the same camera as before. Now, as the sun sets the focus goes bad, not like before when the edge-lines would remain clear until AFTER the sun went down. Too bad. I have a GREAT one on the desktop background. Nice oranges and the hilltops are still crisp.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68490 - 03/29/05 04:21 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Beautiful morning! It is 11:23 a.m. and I really wish I were there.

A postcard moment in Galicia!

#68491 - 03/29/05 06:32 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

How fast things change in only 2 hours. Hey Booklady! What the HECK are YOU doing UP at 4:20 a.m.?? eek

Anyway, NOW it's nothing but clouds in Galicia - 1:30pm local time (they changed clocks ahead one hour LAST weekend while we're still waiting to do the same). Glad to know you saw a "Postcard Moment" in Galicia. Hope you saved that imaged to your desktop as I love to do.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68492 - 05/12/05 02:24 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BIG STORM + SUN over the Ría de Vigo!

#68493 - 05/13/05 01:02 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Oooooh... Ahhhhh... NICE!

#68494 - 05/17/05 09:04 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Another lovely afternoon at the Ría de Vigo. You can smell the briny sea! MM I believe that they moved the webcam because I can see more of the left side of the area than before.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments