Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68410 - 02/19/04 05:36 AM Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A few days ago I was searching for new Live Cams in Spain to add to Spain WebCams by MadridMan and was SO happy to find Ría de Vigo webcam which points WEST.

The city of Vigo and the Ría de Vigo (Inlet of Vigo) is located on the Atlantic Coast of Spain just barely above Portugal.

It's a BEAUTIFUL, WIDE VIEW of the ría from side to side. You look down one side over red terra cota roofs to the water where there's a small marina and a WIDE span of "flotaras" (¿?) or floating barges where mussels and other shellfish attach themselves and are later harvested.

Yesterday I was peeking in at the live cam throughout the morning and at around 1pm or so (Eastern USA time) I witnessed the most beautiful sunset over the water, orange and yellow colors reflecting off the water and illuminating the sky. JUST BEAUTIFUL. Please check it out when you have time. By 2pm the sun was totally gone and the auto-focus function of the camera goes blurry and you can't see anything more until sunrise. Today (Thursday) is another clear day on the Galician coast so we should have another nice sunset. Let's watch!

While my judgement tells me otherwise, I'm pasting the live photo in this thread. Let's see if it takes.... Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan (I MISS Galicia!!!!!)

[img]http://80.25.35.36/cgi-bin/jpg/image.cgi?[/img]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68411 - 02/19/04 10:20 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Only 2-3 hours left before sunset over the Ría de Vigo! Looks like it should be another nice one.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68412 - 02/19/04 12:12 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Ooooh.. Ahhhh.... (must be a slow "news day" here on the ol' message board)

#68413 - 02/19/04 08:24 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Mil Gracias, MadridMan. I love the cam in Santiago, and now we have one in Vigo, is there one from the old Roman Faro in La Coruña?
frown I too miss Galicia.

#68414 - 02/19/04 09:30 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I agree, Madridman...My family is right across the Ría...I can just imagine where the webcam might be. Thanks for finding it and posting it!!
Esperanza smile

#68415 - 02/20/04 07:08 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Those dark squares you see are Mejilloneras in which Mejillones (Mussels) are cultivated. My wife's first cousin, who lives just south of there (near la Guardia) tells me: during WW II German U-Boats used to hide under them in the daytime and come out of the ria to attack British & American ships at night.

Esperanza, if we're looking west toward Cangas or Moanha the WebCam must be up on the new bridge, looking down. The railroad bridge is a little further inland. Is that your take?
P.S.
I don't remember that Puerto Deportivo (Marina). It might be new.

#68416 - 02/20/04 07:51 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Eddie, That is exactly what I was thinking!

#68417 - 02/20/04 08:20 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Is the city of Vigo on the NORTH side of the ría? Is that what we're seeing on the other side?

Eddie, thanks for the clarification of the name of those mejilloneras. How cool. You can see them here in the foreground looking like battleships but you can see even more in the distance on the OTHER side. I remember the first time I saw them they were so shocking to me. Then when I knew what they were they took on a whole new romantic appeal.

Each day for the past 2 days I choose which view I like best during that particular day, either daytime with the clear skies and bright orange terra cota roofs or the beautiful orange and red sunset bouncing off the water with only a few lights visible in the below neighborhood or on the boats in the marina. Quite nice. QUITE nice.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68418 - 02/20/04 11:47 AM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

THE SUNSET IS COMING!!! (are you all getting annoyed with this/me yet? wink ) Ahhh.. Galicia. Oh, how I loved it. So green, so scenic, ocean, hilly/mountainous, historic, GREAT seafood (Mmmmm... Pulpo.. Mmmm.. :p ), less touristy.. just the best of all worlds if you ask me.

#68419 - 02/20/04 01:21 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It was another nice sunset!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments