Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#68134 - 04/07/06 02:46 PM Re: Viewing Spanish DVDs in USA?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
mariposita, Region Free DVD players are legal in the USA too. I owned one when I lived there. It was the only way (I knew) to play my Spanish DVDs.

Torrales, you are THE MASTER!! But first, details... I have a USA-bought Sony laptop computer. It has pre-installed InterVideo WinDVD software. I (usually) use this program to play my USA-bought DVDs. Just now, I tested a Spain-bought DVD "BARRIO" on my USA-bought laptop and, as it loaded into "InterVideo WindDVD", I get the error, "Error: Playback of content from this region is not permitted".

When I setup the Spain-bought DELL desktop PC, it was the SOFTWARE which told me I had to choose a region. Just now I tried playing a USA-bought DVD (Steve Martin in "The Jerk" - a classic) and as it loaded the SOFTWARE gave me the error (but in Spanish) "The DVD player cannot play the DVD formatted on the media. Please choose a DVD which region coincides with that of the player." Below that I was given the option to CHANGE REGION. I clicked that and THAT'S where I see the screen with the number of times left which I can change the region (2 more times) before THAT chosen region is set into stone for all eternity - OR IS IT?????!??!! (insert dramatic music here) Thanks to Torrales!! hehehee... clap

I'll have to look into that some more. THANKS TORRALES!!! (update: that TV-set-DVD-player link above actually worked for mine! WOW!)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68135 - 04/11/06 07:57 AM Re: Viewing Spanish DVDs in USA?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

CathyM wrote:
Quote:
I'm visiting Spain next week and one of my friends had mentioned that the last season of "Sex in the City" is not available yet in Spain. I'd love to surprise her with it.
CathyM: You're in Spain RIGHT NOW! Hope all is going well. Just wanted to mention - although now it's too late - that last night I saw the SIXTH season of "Sex in the City" onsale at a VIPS for 45 Euros. Is the SIXTH season the final season? I have no idea - never watched it - but it was the highest numbered season they carried in the selection, having all the other previous seasons too.

So what did you finally do? Can't wait to hear.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68136 - 04/11/06 09:00 AM Re: Viewing Spanish DVDs in USA?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am glad my little knowledge was useful for you, MadridMan. smile

And, yes, the final season of "Sex and the city" ("Sexo en Nueva York", in Spanish) is the sixth.

#68137 - 04/11/06 07:04 PM Re: Viewing Spanish DVDs in USA?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Today (and last night) I've been enjoying my USA-bought DVDs on this Spain-bought DVD machine!! That's SO great! Thanks again, Torrales!!!!! thumbsup Now, when/if I feel brave enough to try the same with my computer(s) I'll let you know how that went.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments