Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67914 - 01/17/03 01:45 PM Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
For those of you who subscribe to Dish Network, but don't get the Spanish package (and TVE1), you have a channel at 9401 in HITN which shows documentaries, etc. from all over the Spanish-speaking spectrum. Over the last week, I've seen a half-dozen in prime time produced by TVE.

Last night there was a one-hour program on the pre-romanesque and Mozarab churches in León, Asturias and Cantabria. It was great, and nice to hear the "beautiful tongue" again.

#67915 - 01/17/03 04:41 PM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I feel the same way reagrding the sounds of pure Castellano. I haven't yet ordered the dish, but I don't think I can wait much longer. Although, I recieve about 7 Spanish language channels through digital cable, I long to hear the language spoken the way it is supposed to be. I guess I'll have to make a call soon before I go postal.

How many more times must I hear "quiero que me dés un rait" instead of using llevar? How many more times must I hear"¿Dónde parqueo mi troca? or other countless uses of spanglish on what are supossed to be Spanish language channels, not chicano Spanglish channels? mad mad mad Although, I must admit that the nenas on the culebrones son muy monas laugh

I do listen to some Spanish radio through the internet, but its not the same as when I would take my siesta with the chatter of Ana Rosa Quintana in the backround.

Longing to hear the sweet sounds of Spain,
Shawn

#67916 - 01/18/03 11:32 PM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Does the Dish Network bring programs directly from Spain? Is it re-canned or is it real time programming? I am on cable and I only get Univision, the programming stems from South and Central America.

#67917 - 01/19/03 05:21 AM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
vicente2 Offline

Loc: southern spain
Hola:

Si queréis escuchar buen español, os recomiendo entréis en la página web www.lalinterna.es y escuchéis los “Audios” que vienen en la columna de la izquierda. Son comentarios actuales de noticias, libros, películas, opiniones políticas,.... que se recomiendan en este programa de radio.

I hope you will enjoy!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments