Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6761 - 04/19/04 11:53 PM Re: Barcelona:Which part of town to stay?
Cristi Offline

What is the difference between the Hostal Levante and the Hotel Regencia Colon? Aside from price, that is. I'm not really sure what a hostal is. I'm too old and private to be bunking with a group of enthusiastic college kids.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Cristi

#6762 - 04/23/04 10:26 AM Re: Barcelona:Which part of town to stay?
roothy123 Offline

I'm not really the expert, but I'll tell you what I've read. Apparently a hostal is a small hotel-type place that doesn't ALWAYS have private bathrooms attached to the rooms. I found the prices to be much cheaper in most cases than a hotel, but I suppose a hotel would have more soundproofing, may have a restaurant, and always has a bathroom. Hostals often don't have double beds - a "double room" often means just two single beds. I'm a 53 year old married lady who is also too old to be bunking with college kids. However, I think many hostals would be fine for folks like me. I'm staying at Hostal Goya in Barcelona in two weeks - in the new, renovated section. Not cheap (80E for two on the weekend) but looks very nice. It's not as convenient to some of the sights as Levante, though.

#6763 - 05/06/04 12:59 AM Re: Barcelona:Which part of town to stay?
Cristi Offline

That's what I am too--a 53 year old married lady. I'll be travelling to Barcelona for a few days at the end of June. Thanks so much for your reply.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments