Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67537 - 08/07/02 11:18 AM Music groups from Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Can anybody give me a list of some of the most popular music groups from spain of this summer?
I just got back from studying abroad, and have all these songs in my head, yet I cant place a title or group name confused Also, where can I buy these cds in the US?
Thanks, Kelly smile

#67538 - 08/07/02 11:40 AM Re: Music groups from Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome home, kelar419!!! frown (sniff!) You might want to take a look at Los Cuarenta Principales ("Top40") @ http://www.los40.com . I'm not sure if/how far back they archive the weekly lists but it's worth a look. Also, many of them have a short 30-second clip you can sample to see if that's one of the songs you heard. They won't be classified as "songs of summer" of course, but you might be able to make your "favorites list" from there and then you can start your search to find these CDs in the USA. This will be the tough part, I'm sure. Amazon.com or one of the others. There's a NEW website (en obras) called http://www.MusicaLatina.com . They don't say if it's a storefront or just a Latin music portal or what, but might be worth a look later on. And while I realize "Música Latina" is Latin American Music and not necessarily "Música Española" they usually include the TOP songs from Spain as well.

Good luck & Rock On! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67539 - 08/07/02 01:35 PM Re: Music groups from Spain
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
It'll be hard to find most of the songs on CDs in the USA (excepting the English songs and music from acts big in Latin America). However, I've been able to find most of the 40 Principales songs in MP3 form from filesharing systems such as Kazaa. I've found some great songs that way that I might have never heard otherwise. There is a lag of a few weeks from when songs are on the radio in Spain to when they appear in the 40 Principales list.

#67540 - 08/07/02 04:09 PM Re: Music groups from Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I used to tell people that wanted to buy good Spanish music to go to Applause Records in St. Paul, MN for whatever they needed. I got Duncan Dhu off the rack there... Since Applause is now Cheapo Records, and the Internet has taken off, I just suggest that if you're in the mood to buy, that you try an online store like CD Now or I've even had luck at Amazon .

#67541 - 08/07/02 11:34 PM Re: Music groups from Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Thanks for the help! MM, great web site, I was able to listen to, and pinpoint a lot of the songs/groups I was thinking of. In case anybody else is interested, I was able to find a lot of the CDs on www.bestbuy.com (Rosana, Mecano, Ella baila sola, Hasta luego Lucas, etc...). Decent prices and free shipping as well! laugh

#67542 - 08/14/02 02:14 PM Re: Music groups from Spain
crys Offline

Loc: Hoboken, NJ
I like Estopa.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments