MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67493 - 07/29/02 12:58 PM operation triumph, TVE
quime Offline

Loc: panama
HELLO EVERYBODY!
could enybody tell me how is going the sale of the music from the guys of "operacion triunfo"???
here in central america the progam is now on, maybe in the last week. we has the chance to be there, yes, in MADRID, oh man, by the time tof the eurovision contest, and we feel the whole inspiration of the spanadiars (it is correct?, i mean, españoles)during the early days of last june.
well. i am in the music business now, so can somebody give me an answer...please. we also love ROSA!
Hugs
QUIME wink

#67494 - 07/30/02 11:06 AM Re: operation triumph, TVE
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Sales of the CD are brisk in the following demographic: People related to the guys in Operación Triunfo. Sales seem to be a little slow in all other demographic areas.

#67495 - 07/30/02 03:58 PM Re: operation triumph, TVE
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Seems to be a hit with the 14 year old female set - in behind Enrique Iglesias and ahead of "Disco Estrella" and the "Compañeros" soundtrack.

#67496 - 07/30/02 11:58 PM Re: operation triumph, TVE
expressdance Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma USA
I was just in spain this past spring semester, and everyone loved operacion triunfo. It really grew on me while I was there. I have the 2 cd set, along with a couple of the individual artists cds. I really like Nuria's. Shes got a great voice. It was pretty crazy, because I remember being at the movies once, and hearing someones cell phone ring was rosas europes living a celebration!

#67497 - 07/31/02 05:44 PM Re: operation triumph, TVE
quime Offline

seems like the sales wasn´t good enough....uhmmm still waiting for numbers
thanks

#67498 - 08/01/02 06:53 AM Re: operation triumph, TVE
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
I heard Bisbal sold like 800,000 or something of his first CD. He's on tour with Chenoa right now and all dates are sold out. Corazón Latino has been a big hit.

#67499 - 08/01/02 06:58 PM Re: operation triumph, TVE
Steve-in-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
OT was a huge hit and it´s incredible the amount of disks those guys and girls have sold. Rosa, Bisbal, Bustamante, and Manu well over 500,000. Chenoa, Nuria, and Gisela have sold a bunch too. Naim Thomas just released his CD and it has a couple of hits too.

I´m frankly surprised that the "mania" is still alive in August. Wonder how OT II will do...

Steve

#67500 - 08/02/02 11:19 AM Re: operation triumph, TVE
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Bisbal's song "Ave Maria" is definetely one of this season's 'canciones del verano'.

In September I think, they'll release "OT, The movie"!!! eek

#67501 - 08/05/02 11:02 AM Re: operation triumph, TVE
quime Offline

WOW, GUYS, I Knew if i need any information about Spain, THAT`S THE SITE!
thanks a lot...
keep smiling, always smile
AVE ,MARIA, This LATIN HEART Is LIVING A CELEBARATION...

#67502 - 08/05/02 07:23 PM Re: operation triumph, TVE
tonytorero Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain via Kansas City,...
Hi everyone! Wow MadridMan...What a forum!! I don't know what's taken me so long to check it out...I'll definitely be back!! laugh

Regarding OT, it's been an insanely huge hit here. You have seen CD sales dwarfing that of other major Spanish stars...Huge demands to see anyone related to OT in concert (Rosa's pulling down one million pesetas for each concert she performs I've heard! eek )... Any sort of OT memorabilia is selling like hotcakes (My daughter won't sleep without her T-shirt that bears David Bisbal's face. Myself, I'm pretty burned out on them all, but I would appear to be the minority there...

I even have a good friend who is a reputable musician here in Madrid and has been playing the Madrid music scene for about 20 years now. He told me that his personal 'gig' schedule has dropped about 40% since the OT boom and that the same is happening throughout the Spanish music industry. You don't think about it, but it makes sense that if people are so busy booking the 16 guys from OT that there's going to be less demand to hear others...hmmmm? I thought that was pretty amazing myself.

Now the question is whether or not this is a good phenomenon? Does the Spanish music scene need a big boost from some 'new blood?' The public would seem to be saying yes, but I feel bad for my buddy though. ...Just some food for thought for you all. A different perspective if you will... smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments