Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67448 - 06/02/02 11:32 AM Madrid: SPANISH movie, ENGLISH subtitles
amberlynne Offline

Hi,
I´ve seen movies here in Madrid with English spoken and with Spanish subtitles, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a theater here that shows films with the speaking in Spanish and the reading in English. Thanks!!
Amber

#67449 - 06/02/02 02:25 PM Re: Madrid: SPANISH movie, ENGLISH subtitles
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Amber,

In the Plaza de Cubos, to the right of Plaza de España if you are standing on Princesa facing the Plaza de España, there are numerous independent film houses. There is one between the Dunkin´ Donuts and McDonalds and then if you go down to the lower level, there are several more theaters.

These all show films in VO (versión original). Many films are independent films. If the movie was made in English, you will be able to see it in English with Spanish subtitles.

Oops, I just realized that I gave you what you already know! Sorry about that! Not sure where to find films in Spanish, subtitled in English.

#67450 - 06/04/02 02:39 PM Re: Madrid: SPANISH movie, ENGLISH subtitles
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
As far as I know, all DVDs available in Spain are dubbed and subtitled in several languages (Spanish and English among them). Therefore, with such DVD you have any combination of Spanish/English sound/subtitles.

The only problem is that European DVDs can't be played in America/Asia unless you have a multizone DVD player or you crack the protection somehow. Do a search because there is a thread on the subject of DVD compatibility here in the board.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments