Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67409 - 05/20/02 08:16 PM Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I just got back from the new Star Wars movie. I don't know who has been to Seville, but there's a scene with Anakin and the senator where I swear they're walking in the Plaza de Espana in Seville. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

#67410 - 05/20/02 08:38 PM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I don't know about that specific scene, but yes, Mr. Lucas did some filming in Sevilla for several days last year. smile

AND, a couple of months ago they were shooting scenes for the next James Bond movie in ('la bahía de')CADIZ, (both P. Brosnan and H. Berry were there), although, in the movie those scenes are supposed to take place in La HABANA!
The last 007 flick was also partially shot in Bilbao.

#67411 - 05/20/02 09:18 PM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
NO KIDDING!!??? That's SO COOL!!!! I haven't seen the movie yet, but love that they chose Spain for an on-location scene.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67412 - 05/20/02 09:40 PM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It is true. Lucas filmed some scenes in the Plaza de España of Seville. Specificly when Anakin and Padme are walking through a Naboo palace with some suitcases. It looks great! (by the way, the movie is much better than Episode I).

Sharp eye augustus28 wink

Fernando

#67413 - 05/21/02 01:45 AM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I Saw that too!!! I recognized the scene immediately, you can see where all the little tile pictures of the major cities in spain are. Of course it is mixed with a bunch of computer graphics, but it has to be sevilla!

BK

#67414 - 05/22/02 07:44 AM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I saw it yesterday. Wretched plot, awful dialog. Nice art. And it was Sevilla!

#67415 - 05/22/02 08:34 AM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Asterault! How could you have seen it yesterday?? It was only released here in the USA only days ago! Doesn't it take MONTHS before these movies are released in Europe?! confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67416 - 05/22/02 11:16 AM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
Espe3 Offline

For most movies, yes. But they do almost simontaneous releases for the super big movies (or potential blockbusters) everwhere! Also due to the history and popularity of the movie, this is one you can be sure when the 3of the trillogy comes out, will also be there almost at the same time it is in the states.

I must say though, when I was younger, it took 6 months to a year for a movie released in the US to get there, now it seems its more like 3 to 6 months. Which isn't bad! smile

#67417 - 05/22/02 02:15 PM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Yeah they come out quicker now. Let me complain some more. I saw this in English. Perhaps I should have seen it dubbed, because that way I wouldn't have had to listen to the wretched lines read by people with California accents who can't act. And if I were drafted into the Jedi, which apparently is the secret police of the galaxy, wouldn't I rescue my enslaved mother rather quickly? "Um, Yoda, can you do me a favor and send a couple boys down there for my mom? Ok thanks."

And what was up with that stupid monster fraggle rock scene? Waste of time, because we know the following things.

1) Obi Wan cannot die, he has to get chopped in half in another movie.
2) Portman cannot die, she has to have Luke and Leia. And learn to act.
3) What's his name 90210 Dawson Creek Anakin cannot die, he has to get chopped up and be Darth Vader.

I want my 5 pelas back.

#67418 - 05/22/02 05:40 PM Re: Sevilla's Plaza de Espana & Star Wars?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
About simultaneous release--it seems to me it was their only option with this film, otherwise everyone would have seen bootleg copies before the standard delay time was up.

And I haven't seen it yet, but will be looking for the lovely Plaza!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments