Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67304 - 04/30/02 10:36 AM ADSL and Mobile Phones - Which are best?
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
ADSL line for Internet. Telefónica? Terra? Wanadoo? Does anyone have any experience with any of the above? Slow, fast, expensive, worth it? Best buy?

Mobile phones. I am finally going to make the junp. Contract or No contract? Best buy?

Thanks much.

#67305 - 04/30/02 06:49 PM Re: ADSL and Mobile Phones - Which are best?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi There --

Our ADSL contract is with Telefónica. After a few harrowing weeks of when we weren´t positive that the line was going to be installed as promised with Telefonica, all worked out.

Expensive/cheap...all is relative to your useage. If you use it only to connect at nights, I would recommend sticking with the tarifa plana with Telefonica. If you use it throughout the day and download sizeable files, it would be worth the expense.

Good luck!

#67306 - 05/01/02 04:21 AM Re: ADSL and Mobile Phones - Which are best?
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I've had NOTHING but troubles with Telefonica. We're talking a 4 month wait for them to get their head out of their ass and install the line, buggy equipment (I've returned the modem THREE times) and more.

If you check this ADSL comparision page you'll see that Telefonica is the most expensive, with the longest contract (2 years) and that the others give you a month or two for free... I was working for Terra when I first chose my ADSL, so I was trying to be a good little corporate doobie. Never again.

Now... Having ALSO worked for Wanadoo setting up a system for their Stock Market pages, I can tell you with no reservation that this company is full of arrogant and ignorant people. (I haven't had my coffee yet... I may edit that later) Maybe because they're French? Not sure... and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with their ADSL service, but better to choose another company.

Hope this helps,

-Russ

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments