Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#67012 - 07/28/05 10:42 PM Re: Ten Great Songs In Spanish (Add Yours!!)
saritisima24_dup1 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
VannieNY - The song you are thinking of with Nek and Laura Pausini is Tan Solo Tu (Sei solo tu in Italian) I LOVE that song, I think it's that one unless there's another one I don't know about that got that popular. I thought Nek was from Spain until recently when I started stuying Italian, LOL...he was so popular there and had the accent.

Also, Joe - I think you mentioned a lot about Gloria Estefan, she is MY FAVORITE and I totally agree with you on those CDs - Abriendo Puertas and Mi Tierra are my faves from her yet (even over Alma Caribena, although that CD brings good memories because it came out the year I was in Spain). No me dejes de querer is the bomb. But so is everything she does. I got the great fortune of finally seeing my idol last year in Houston...it was amazing.

Oh, and I'm an idiot for not putting at least one song by Mana. For gosh's sake I have Mana plastered in my windshield above my rear view mirror! Scary, I know. Anyway, I think my fave song by them would have to be En el muelle de San Blas, but the live version. I acutally wore out their two disc live CD set, so I had to buy another one. Yes, that's sad.

Anyway, I love talking about music waaay too much, I should have never ventured here! Now I won't shut up!

Hehe...talk to ya'll later.

#67013 - 07/28/05 10:57 PM Re: Ten Great Songs In Spanish (Add Yours!!)
saritisima24_dup1 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Majesty318 -

LOLOLOL!!! I almost totally forgot about Tam Tam Go!!!! That song was the bomb when I was in Madrid. I need to download it now to listen to it again. And I love Para no verte mas - La Mosca is so cool. And, Carlos Vives - what can you say, you gotta dance. I first heard Fruta Fresca for the first time five years ago in some small bar somewhere in Madrid - my host dad gave me his CD for my birthday.....*Sigh* Memories.

Music is so awesome in so many ways.

#67014 - 07/29/05 04:51 PM Re: Ten Great Songs In Spanish (Add Yours!!)
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Almost any song from Mecano, Héroes del Silencio, Extremoduro and Joaquín Sabina make my day. Specially the last two. By the way MadridMan, have you ever listened to "Pongamos que hablo de Madrid", from Sabina?? It could be the anthem of your website...

#67015 - 07/29/05 06:42 PM Re: Ten Great Songs In Spanish (Add Yours!!)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JasMadrid wrote:
Quote:
Joaquín Sabina make my day. Specially the last two. By the way MadridMan, have you ever listened to "Pongamos que hablo de Madrid", from Sabina?? It could be the anthem of your website...
I know the song well and do love it too. But the stanza which gives me chills is...:
Quote:
El sol es una estufa de butano,
la vida un metro a punto de partir,
hay una jeringuilla en el lavabo,
pongamos que hablo de Madrid.
... but otherwise yes, it's a beautiful and melancholy song.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments