Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#66706 - 08/14/01 03:14 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
PacoM Offline

#66707 - 04/27/02 12:55 AM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
So here it is, April, and I want my students to imagine that they are somewhere in Andalucia celebrating a feria. Only one student has been to Spain...the rest think Spain and Mexico are practically the same thing. I decorated the room to look like there was a tent kind of entrance like I remember from forever ago in Sevilla. The kids made Spanish food from Penelope Casas's books. But what to do about the exuberance that is a feria? You know....everybody dancing in the street, unbridled joy...I played "Bomba!" Now, way back in the day I heard and danced to Sevillanas, but "Bomba" gave the kids the right spirit, I think, for a Spanish feria. The principal joined in dancing up and down the hall during passing period. Most of the teachers came out of their rooms and were into the "moviemiento muy sexy." Now we are an oldish staff, so this was quite a sight! (No one knew in advance that I was going to do this nutty thing, but once they saw the kids all going with the mano en la cabeza bit, there was no stopping them!) Anyway, it felt really good to feel a bit of that Spanish joy months later! Do keep me posted, folks, if a Caribe 2002 filled with other magical songs comes out! I'm sure I can think of another excuse to party!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments