Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6638 - 02/27/04 01:21 PM Need somewhere in Cuenca
dave99 Offline

Loc: UK
I am having trouble finding somewhere to stay in cuenca on march 20th. So far I think the AC Cuenca is available, although that is a bit further out of the centre than I would like (I think, my map has no scale!). Most of the others I can find on the internet are full that night. Anyone got suggestions?

#6639 - 02/27/04 02:44 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi dave99! I'm not sure which others you've tried but there are (at least) three "hostales" in Cuenca which have websites. You'll find the list, descriptions, & their links @ http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Castilla_La_Mancha/Cuenca/Cuenca/ . Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6640 - 02/27/04 03:43 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
dave99 Offline

cheers for that, but I had actually tried them - cortes is full up, the other 2 have no email/online reservation. I decided to try the ac cuenca place in the end, just waiting for them to get back to me with confirmation (I suppose it doesnt matter too much about being right in the centre as I will be in a car)

#6641 - 02/27/04 06:53 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Try the Leonor de Aquitania right in the old town. San Pedro, 58 16001 Cuenca tel (969) 23 10 00. They must have a website, (MM edit: URL is http://www.HotelLeonordeAquitania.com/ ) though when we stayed there we just showed up and called from just out of town. It's beautiful, great service and the rooms have beautiful views. Worth a slight splurge, it's not a hostel, it's a nice three-star hotel. It's not hard to find parking, you can find it at the top end of the old part of town, then walk down.

#6642 - 02/28/04 03:40 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
dave99 Offline

Great, I have just had confirmation from the leanor de aquitania.

btw - this enchanted city I have heard of, is it signposted from cuenca?

#6643 - 02/28/04 04:46 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dave99, can we have a review of this place when you return? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6644 - 02/28/04 07:41 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Pretty cool web site, wouldn't you say? You get your answer and your problem solved in just over 24 hours...... I envy you visiting Cuenca. I don't know what magical city you speak of. To my mind that would be Cuenca itself. There are some amazing natural rock formations you can drive to nearby. We didn't have time when we were there, but you can find out lots about the area right there at the hotel. Have a great trip. And be sure and tell us all about it. Those of us without a planned trip to Spain this year will have to live vicariously through everyone else's travels. frown

#6645 - 03/01/04 11:17 AM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
dave99 Offline

I will gladly give a review of the place if I get a room!
They emailed me on saturday night with confirmation of my reservation, however this afternoon I received another email saying the place was full and they had no availability. Hopefully this was just an oversight by the person who sent it today (maybe I was still on a list of enquirers who they are notifying?), if not I will be very unhappy as I cancelled other possible reservations when they confirmed me at the Leonor. I am awaiting a reply from them...

#6646 - 03/01/04 03:44 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
writejudi Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
If you have to stay at the AC, you will not be disappointed. We stayed at the one in Malaga, and it was the nicest hotel in all our three weeks in Spain. First class linens, a FREE minibar, great breakfast, excellent soundproofing (it was right next to the cathedral). We are planning on staying in AC hoteles when we return to Spain.

Judi

#6647 - 03/01/04 03:51 PM Re: Need somewhere in Cuenca
dave99 Offline

fortunately it turned out to be a misunderstanding between the people replying to emails and I have got my reservation smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments