Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6612 - 02/24/04 11:33 PM Valencia
austintown Offline

Loc: houston
I'm having a hard time finding a place to stay in Valencia during Las Fallas. I'll be there from mach 15-18th. Any suggestions? The internet does not provide a lot of options.
Thanks

#6613 - 02/26/04 02:04 PM Re: Valencia
dave99 Offline

Loc: UK
You are leaving it a bit late - Valencia is usually sold out for fallas! However, I only booked my accomodation there 3-4 weeks ago so you might find somewhere (depends how much you want to pay!).
I got in at www.petitmiramar.com where I also stayed last year - quite a nice basic hotel on the beach, so it is a bus ride or taxi or two trams into the city centre (or maybe a half hour walk?). They still had a few rooms available I think when I booked, bed and breakfast was 64 euros per night for a double room.

#6614 - 02/27/04 11:43 AM Re: Valencia
austintown Offline

Thanks for the help. This was a spur of the moment trip so there was not much time for planning. However, I hear Las Fallas is a great time to be in Valencia.

#6615 - 02/27/04 11:46 AM Re: Valencia
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Definatly look for lodging in neighboring communities and use public transportation to get in and out of town. Central Valencia will be booked solid.

Hey, how about a trade, you can share my "old town" Valencia apartment (near everything) in exchange for a ticket! I will even include a tour, lol.

#6616 - 02/27/04 12:11 PM Re: Valencia
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Good luck with your trip plans!

#6617 - 02/27/04 12:37 PM Re: Valencia
dave99 Offline

Loc: UK
It is a great time to be there - although you will miss the culmination of the burning of the fallas which takes place late on the 19th. Are you there on the evening of the 18th or do you leave on the 18th? There is a great fireworks display on the 18th (nit de foc - night of fire), although there are others which are still very impressive on the previous nights.

#6618 - 03/07/04 08:02 PM Re: Valencia
lin Offline

Loc: spain
enjoy your time in valencia.. but be VERY careful with your belongings. bring as little as possible, and definitely a money belt or hanging pouch to be worn out of sight.
all the professional thieves will be having their heydey. of course, what am i telling most of you? i have a friend in madrid who has been robbed three times now.. in 6 months.
i have lived here forever it seems, and knock on wood.. but please be careful!! it ruins a vacation, and we want you to remember the good things about fallas.. check out www.fallas.com for the program of activities.. and good luck finding a room.

#6619 - 03/13/04 02:49 AM Re: Valencia
austintown Offline

Thanks for the help everyone. Las Falls should be a great time. I have found a hotel and can't wait to leave on Sunday.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments